Notices

Thread: Cars M.O.T

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    IWS In fairford are the cheapest place for tyre round here, and regularly does half price MOT's if it is tyres tho you can spread the cost a bit,part worns are only 20 quid each usually and will do you a little while
    And as mentioned euro car parts are very reasonable for parts, i got drive shafts for 56 quid each!try find that anywhere else!

2. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossio
    IWS In fairford are the cheapest place for tyre round here, and regularly does half price MOT's if it is tyres tho you can spread the cost a bit,part worns are only 20 quid each usually and will do you a little while
    And as mentioned euro car parts are very reasonable for parts, i got drive shafts for 56 quid each!try find that anywhere else!
    Took my car to second to none in Faringdon no sure what I think of them in hinsight should have asked to have my old discs back car is less than 5 years old?.

3. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    taking it to somewhere else you can expect them to inspect what it failed on as it will pop up on their system. you can find all your cars (or bikes) MOT history on the .gov site, including minors. useful when looking to buy a motor as well.

4. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    i used to have a mechanic that the whole family used and was quite good for MOTs and services but when he took 4 attempts to fix an oil leak and then broke the electrics in my car by wiring up a cd player wrong i decided to not go to him anymore! on the look out for a good garage who wont charge me the world and wont treat me like an idiot coz im female either!

5. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    Hazel, I went to the garage off Newtown, can't remember what its called but the chap seemed nice and didn't rip me off, was recommended by my neighbour so has a good reputation!
    It's all about the ride!

6. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    Qtech in Chippenham is good - used to be in Melksham, been servicing & MOTing my cars for years. Up on bumpers farm and John is usually happy to take cash for a reduction in price
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

7. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    Quote Originally Posted by rosie
    Hazel, I went to the garage off Newtown, can't remember what its called but the chap seemed nice and didn't rip me off, was recommended by my neighbour so has a good reputation!
    Yep, I'll vouch for him too and so will a girl at work who has been going there for years.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Cars M.O.T 
    £50 for a fuse does seem quite cheap ladies ;D

Shop around for tyres as there are always deals, buy your own discs & pads and then get them fitted. Even a 10% saving is money back in your pocket