Notices

Thread: Don't bother calling a CAB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Diamond Member
    According to reports at the weekend, desperate people seeking help during these difficult times are being turned away by the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).

The government’s cuts (23% in two years) in CAB’s budget are crippling the bureau’s attempts to help the most vulnerable at a time when more people than ever need urgent help.

Ever since the organisation’s inception at the start of WW2 millions of ordinary people have turned to CAB for help in times of dire straits. It makes my blood boil to see such a much needed frontline service and safety net for the most disadvantaged and vulnerable being eroded in this way. “A fairer Britain” ?????
    > > >

2. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    so the government f**k you and then take away a important source of help

figures

3. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Platinum Member
    A CAB?

4. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    A CAB?
    Steady Mitch....steady.

5. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Another nail in the coffin of the vunerable was nailed yesterday with the signing into law of the Legal aid bill.

Access to justice, medicine and advise provided after WW2 is being slowly removed.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    A CAB?
    It was a “Tongue-in-cheek” double meaning headline intended to draw attention to the subject matter. On reflection, in light of the serious nature of the topic perhaps it was not appropriate.

How about Cabbies need a lift? :P

7. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1335902033/2#2 date=1335936039]A CAB?
    It was a “Tongue-in-cheek” double meaning headline intended to draw attention to the subject matter. On reflection, in light of the serious nature of the topic perhaps it was not appropriate.

[/quote]
    I think mitch was referring to a well known acronym used to describe law enforcement officers.
    Surely a man with a penchant for civil disobedience like yourself Ken would would be familiar with it ;D

8. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Platinum Member
    All Cats Are Beautiful, Ken...

9. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=monday21 link=1335902033/5#5 date=1335978204][quote author=Mitch9128 link=1335902033/2#2 date=1335936039]A CAB?

[/quote]
    I think mitch was referring to a well known acronym used to describe law enforcement officers.
    Surely a man with a penchant for civil disobedience like yourself Ken would would be familiar with it ;D[/quote]

Can you enlighten me please as I have not got a clue what it means nor have I heard that as an acronym before ;D ;D

10. Re: Don't bother calling a CAB! 
    Diamond Member
    I’m curious; please explain Dan, nowt coming up on the WWW. :-[