Notices

Thread: Police "Kettle" Westminster

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Police "Kettle" Westminster 
    When I joined the prison service part of the package was my pension as the pay was nothing special. I have now gone three years without a pay rise and have this year had to pay an extra £90.00 per month pension and a further increase of £90.00 per month next year. So over a period of 5 years may monthly pay will of decreased by £180.00. And to top it all off when I retire my pension will be nothing like what I was told at the start, and this was part of my contract of employment.

2. Re: Police "Kettle" Westminster 
    The value of investments can go down as well as up

From what info I been fed it seems that public sector have ,as NHS, up to £6 for each £1 paid in whereas private are given the tax relief then left to the vagaries of the 'markets' which I think is highlighting the probs of 'gold plated state funded'

I like cream cakes ---anyone else
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Police "Kettle" Westminster 
    Nah!
    Don't like cream cakes.
    Got a great pension though

4. Re: Police "Kettle" Westminster 
    Banned
    Hope you retire before they steal it

5. Re: Police "Kettle" Westminster 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackandchrome
    Nah!
    Don't like cream cakes
    Got a great pension though
    : unbelievable

back on topic- wish my pension was but sadly the markets are shoite so pension is shoite.
    Trouble with some of us we have worked for 'small firms' so fook all employer contributions and any pension provision has to be self funded in addition to being subject to increasing taxation to fund the state payroll---this is where there is contention between state and private.

It is utter lunacy to expect me and others to stagger on working when already signs of wear and tear are appearing simply to have money taken to fund state workers who have retired some as young as 50 or so and then get another job and another pension fund :
    --ok ok wrong career choice but these disparities were never evident years ago and something has to be done as not enough money anyway

Wonder if actually taking a more 'hands on' approach and have a SIPP is better now :-?

A rule of thumb used to be put 10% of income away for pension but don't think that is enough these days :

cannot believe Tractordriver don't like cream cakes
    :P
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!