Notices

Thread: Breaking news:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Breaking news: 
    Diamond Member
    Apparently, The Liverpool Chairman approached Jose Mourinho and said, “Would you like to meet with a view to becoming our club’s next manager and guide us to a title triumph next season?”

Mourinho replied, “I’m not that f***ing special.”

;D

2. Re: Breaking news: 
    The sacking of Kenny is very short sighted. There is no "plan B". If there was they would have another manager lined up. Martinez is not an LFC manager....win rate of 20ish%, not exactly top 4 standard is it! Whoever comes in must have had premiership and euro experience and not be afraid to get rid of players who under perform. Some poor performances from players last season who on paper have the potential to be very good did not help. No one is bigger than the club! (ask Fowler). The return of Benitez is a possibility, but would it be a step back? Could the yanks handle his tough stance on running the club/team? Kenny should have been given another season to get the team playing "the Liverpool way", bring on some more of the youth team and remove the crap. When Kenny took over LFC were 5 points off relegation! I know they did not finish in the top 4 but silverware was won (Carling Cup).
    Jamie Carragher is nearing the end of his playing days and would make a good No 2 in time. He could have worked with Kenny and joined the "Boot Room". Speculation about a new manager is interesting and as a Liverpool fan I don't know who to pick! I wish the new manager well and as long as he (or she!) plays attractive football they will have my support.
    As for Kenny....you are a legend! YNWA.