Notices

Thread: Breaking news:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Breaking news: 
    Diamond Member
    Liverpool is now a republic - "King Kenny" has been overthrown!

:P

2. Re: Breaking news: 
    Platinum Member
    All my NI cousins are bleating all over Facebork, If Kenny Dalglish had a pound for every time his side had hit the post... he'd probably spend it on an overrated English midfielder.

3. Re: Breaking news: 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Liverpool is now a republic - "King Kenny" has been overthrown!

:P
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. Re: Breaking news: 
    tough at the top errrr well near it ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Breaking news: 
    Kenny Dalglish always said that he'd do what he could to help Liverpool FC. That he left by having his contract terminated rather than by 'mutual consent' or resigning suggests he still felt he could help Liverpool FC. If he didn't think so he'd have fallen on his sword.

The honeymoon period for FSG is now well and truly over. Liverpool are still waiting for that new stadium, the one that allows the club to compete financially with other sides with top-four ambitions. Liverpool haven't even managed top five for three seasons.

Other problems needed sorting before changing the manager and unless FSG intend to address them, urgently, they will need a miracle worker to replace Dalglish.

6. Re: Breaking news: 
    Quote Originally Posted by goz1960
    Other problems needed sorting before changing the manager and unless FSG intend to address them, urgently, they will need a miracle worker to replace Dalglish.
    I think FSG are trying to address those other problems, hence the major overhaul of staff on the off-pitch side of the club, ie director of comms, legal team, etc etc. FSG have probably sat back for a year, seen how things operate at Liverpool compared to other clubs and against their own business philosophies, which to be fair seem fairly successful at their other sporting ventures, and have decided to invoke the changes that they see fit into their long term strategy.

Personally I think KK should have been given another season, but I suspect FSG felt that Kenny would not progress the club next season and they would be in exactly the same situation at the end of next season, and have decided to act now.

7. Re: Breaking news: 
    Apparently Michael Owen has been reported as saying he will not be rejoining his old club Liverpool FC.

He still wants to play football at the highest level.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

8. Re: Breaking news: 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Apparently Michael Owen has been reported as saying he will not be rejoining his old club Liverpool FC.

pmsl!!! ;D ;D...he'd be injured anyways
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

9. Re: Breaking news: 
    Quote Originally Posted by python

Very good

10. Re: Breaking news: 
    Liverpool FC have been granted permission by Wigan Athletic to speak to Roberto Martinez about the vacant manager's job at Anfield.

Latics owner Dave Whelan has confirmed LFC owners Fenway Sports Group have made an approach for the Spaniard as they look to appoint Kenny Dalglish's successor.

"I don’t know the exact timescales of when he is due to meet with the Liverpool owners but I will never stand in Roberto’s way," Whelan said.

Martinez, 38, got Swansea promoted into the Championship before being snapped up by Wigan in 2009.

Last summer Martinez rejected the chance to take over at Aston Villa and enhanced his reputation this season by maintaining Wigan's top flight status.

At one point they appeared doomed to relegation but they took 21 points out of a possible 27 in the last nine games to finish seven points clear of the drop zone.