Thread: Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Help 
    Platinum Member
    Can anyone help?
    My built in Fridge has broken.
    The light is still on but its not working

2. Re: Help 
    Stupid question Sue... but is the numbered control dial inside the fridge on 4 or 5??

I once slid a pack of bacon in my fridge and it rubbed against the dial turning it to zero and my fridge stopped working.

Apart from that I can't help ..Haven't a clue as to the workings of a fridge !
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

3. Re: Help 
    Platinum Member
    The Mrs says sounds like the thermostat has gone Sue

She works in Comet in Trowbridge and says she is sure there is an ex-display one for sale at the moment

4. Re: Help 
    Platinum Member
    Try turning it off - and disconnecting the mains supply for 30 minutes.
    Like computers it will go into an automatic reset which may solve the problem.
    Not sure this will work but it is worth a try (ours did the same two years ago - and it resolved the problem.
    The other thing it could be is that the drain point is frozen which if it has a fan in proximity will not circulate the cold air being produced by the condenser.
    If this is the case then you need to let it defrost and clear the drain hole.
    You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process - but be very careful obviously water and electricity don't mix too well!
    The other thing that it may be is the switch in the door closure mechanism is not being activated (when the fridge is closed) in my experience this is due to excessive weight of food in the door of the fridge - remove the items from the door and check operation of the door switch - it will only circulate cold air when the door is closed - I hope that this helps!!!

5. Re: Help 
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblelittleme
    Can anyone help?
    I notice that about some humans :-?
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: Help 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    [quote author=bubblelittleme link=1337887981/0#0 date=1337887981]Can anyone help?
    I notice that about some humans :-?[/quote]

Yep - I'd agree with you there Col

7. Re: Help 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    [quote author=bubblelittleme link=1337887981/0#0 date=1337887981]Can anyone help?
    I notice that about some humans :-?[/quote]

True! ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Help 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silly_simon
    The Mrs says sounds like the thermostat has gone Sue

She works in Comet in Trowbridge and says she is sure there is an ex-display one for sale at the moment
    moving next w/e and its a builts in fridge /freezer

9. Re: Help 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    Try turning it off - and disconnecting the mains supply for 30 minutes.
    Not sure this will work but it is worth a try (ours did the same two years ago - and it resolved the problem.
    The other thing it could be is that the drain point is frozen which if it has a fan in proximity will not circulate the cold air being produced by the condenser.
    You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process - but be very careful obviously water and electricity don't mix too well!
    The other thing that it may be is the switch in the door closure mechanism is not being activated (when the fridge is closed) in my experience this is due to excessive weight of food in the door of the fridge - remove the items from the door and check operation of the door switch - it will only circulate cold air when the door is closed - I hope that this helps!!!
    Its turned off now...let you know in 30 mins if it works

10. Re: Help 
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblelittleme
    [quote author=Rabb link=1337887981/3#3 date=1337893476]Try turning it off - and disconnecting the mains supply for 30 minutes.
    Its turned off now...let you know in 30 mins if it works[/quote]

Cant contain my excitement it's been over 2 hours now