Notices

Thread: one piece Vs two set

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    not interested in track riding as i don't possess the talent or patience to do it.

so safety wise they're both on an equal par?

any one got any suggestions for makes? who's good/bad?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Platinum Member
    Some people like them, some people don't, but i've always got on with the M&S of the biking world Hein Gericke. Bought a 2 piece Pro Sport from Brizzle a couple of months back, was £540 and they threw in a pair of Sartso jeans for free. Can't fault them, fit great, full length zip for those that worry.

3. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Always found RST good value for money and a good price if you shop around.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...QUXUeKw0KjVDvA

4. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    I'm sure there is a reason why racers only use 1 piece leathers...........
    There is a reason, it's called the regulations, only one-piece leathers are allowed for racing, a two-piece would be failed at scrutineering...

I've got both one- and two-piece, and choose the two-piece all the time for road riding. The level of protection isn't much less and it's just more versatile and easier than walking around with the top half of a one-piece folded down and the sleeves knocking drinks over and the like... : :

For relatively moderate budget stuff the Hein Gericke and RST kit is pretty good. I don't know what's still in The Shop Formerly Known As George White but it may be worth having a sniff round in there. If you find something that you like the look of, ensure it fits comfortably first, should be pretty snug - if leathers are loose they won't work properly in a crash, you can get road burn through them on impact and the armour won't stay in place. Don't go for a size that will allow you to get five T-shirts and your WB hoody underneath it, ideally you shouldn't get much more than a thin sweatshirt beneath them. Perforations - great when it's hot, bloody cold when it's not - like pretty much all of this year so far! > Check out the materials and workmanship - leather should be thick but supple - if it's thin and soft you'll probably need to bin them after a crash. Most of the named brands are reasonably well made, beware of anything with an unfamiliar name that's dirt cheap...

Don't get sucked into buying something just because it's cheap - there are far too many people about with atrociously badly fitting leathers that could surely only have been bought because of the price... Aside from the sartorial affront, they won't work properly when you need them to if they don't fit!
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    I've got 2 piece spyke leathers which use a seriously butch zip so i feel perfectly safe in them, not cheap when i bought them but they are a very good fit and have lasted really well. As with all safety kit buy the best you can afford and make sure it fits well.

6. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Diamond Member
    I did say it was probably unfounded. But just personally I feel safer in 1 piece. As someone else said, it's your money. If you know some people with both, see if you can try both and see what feels better

7. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Dan,
    I have got a set of Hein Gericke leathers here mate, they are a decent set and are rarely used because they are a little tight around the gut. Should fit you perfect.
    http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1331723171
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

8. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    I'll text you Dan [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks for advice Scotty, informative as always and appreciate the time it took to post
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Quote Originally Posted by dipple666
    Dan,
    I have got a set of Hein Gericke leathers here mate, they are a decent set and are rarely used because they are a little tight around the gut. Should fit you perfect.
    http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1331723171
    I had a big off in a set of these and they stood up pretty well. The 'hump' got ripped off but it was a zip on one anyway. Very strong.

10. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    What size are you Dan? I still have one of my old one-piece suits for sale, going cheaply as advertised here (can't do a proper url link on the phone):
    http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1321895397
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen