Notices

Thread: one piece Vs two set

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. one piece Vs two set 
    right peeps i'm in the market for some leathers but want some opinions on the pro's & cons with a ful suit versus wearing seperate trousers and jacket, really looking for suggestions/recommendations that aren't that obvious.

thanks for your help, any recommendations for makes appreciated too. don't need anything track worthy just the odd bimble and monthly rideout will be it's main use.
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

2. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    2 piece for me more versatile and there are some great deals about at the moment. And I would pick the colour carefully as I have been caught out a few time when I have changed the bike?.

3. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    2 piece every time for me - easier to take the jacket off when you arrive somewhere and it's hot!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Diamond Member
    1 piece leathers for 'fun' rides, textiles for when you want to take it easier.

I want to know that if I come off in leathers, there isn't just a zip holding my top and bottom halves together! That may be unfounded, but I definately have a lot more confidence, and feel safer in 1 piece. I'm sure there is a reason why racers only use 1 piece leathers, and they could do with being able to remove their jackets off the bike if it were possible...?

5. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    the fact that almost all trackdays allow 2 pieces as long as they're zipped together should suggest that they're safe enough compared to 1 piece.
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Platinum Member
    2 piece every time, i've come off at 70 in a 2 piece, and it wasn't even zipped together, apart from a few broken bones... 8-)

7. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Banned
    I'd have a two piece if I was buying

8. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    You don't see to many racers on a day out having a bite to eat at the local pub either. I always think that you need also to use common sense, you do not see to many people on a touring bike in a one piece. Horses for courses. :-/

9. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Depends on how you ride.

If you're a lady wot lunches like the nancy boys above then get a 2 piece.
    If you're hardcore like me then 1 piece all the way! ;D

A 1 piece will always fit you better than a 2 piece because the zippy bit gets stretched by the weight of the leathers.
    I must admit if you're in the pub or at a race meet 1 piece leathers are a pain as the sleeves knock everything over and they always start sliding down.

I rarely use my bike to go and do something. It's either track days or a week away on the continent so I wear a 1piece. If I do i wear kevlar jeans and a jacket.

Make sure you try loads on and buy the best you can afford and remember the wise words of the dalai lama "Matching paint scheme and leathers, do not a biker make"

10. Re: one piece Vs two set 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Depends on how you ride.

If you're a lady wot lunches like the nancy boys above then get a 2 piece.
    If you're hardcore like me then 1 piece all the way! ;D

A 1 piece will always fit you better than a 2 piece because the zippy bit gets stretched by the weight of the leathers.
    I must admit if you're in the pub or at a race meet 1 piece leathers are a pain as the sleeves knock everything over and they always start sliding down.

I rarely use my bike to go and do something. It's either track days or a week away on the continent so I wear a 1piece. If I do i wear kevlar jeans and a jacket.

Make sure you try loads on and buy the best you can afford and remember the wise words of the dalai lama "Matching paint scheme and leathers, do not a biker make"
    I rarely use my bike not to do something and to be honest I think most riders have an end result to there ride and I think that a 2 piece is far more user friendly and like I said a lot would depend on what you are ridding? If Dan you do intend to do track days then you would probably be better of looking at a one piece in the end it is your choice and your money.