Notices

Thread: Job Hunting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Job Hunting 
    camera.op76
    Create your own job? NLP, hypnotherapy or freelance therapist?

2. Re: Job Hunting 
    My daughter finish her degree (sociology) and it took her a year to get a job. She just kept plugging away and also did a bit of voluntary work. She aimed a bit lower and got a office admin job. Since starting she has progressed a bit up the pay scale..

She did the first 2 months then had her appraisal. "We are very pleased with you" and gave her a £2000 pay rise... and they all got given an ipad2 at xmas as well as a 500 quid bonus.

Too many degree people think they should step into degree pay grade jobs. Those days are gone as our system now turns out too many people with degrees.
    Plus loads of useless degrees.

3. Re: Job Hunting 
    Diamond Member
    I think unscrupulous employers will continue to pick job seekers who are prepared to work for nothing because they are easily exploited, and their business/company is getting something for nothing. Remember the ‘good-old-days’ when we had a statutory minimum wage? :P

Surely any decent employer with job vacancies would recognise that a suitable applicant who has run-up thousands of pounds in debt in order to obtain a degree, has demonstrated initiative and would reward them accordingly?

Best of luck with your job search Hazel. I have a teenage daughter and know how difficult things are at the moment.