Notices

Thread: Job Hunting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Job Hunting 
    Driving Examiner? They were recruiting. Good prospects for someone a bit clever... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Job Hunting 
    recruiting bus drivers to at Bath : : :

3. Re: Job Hunting 
    I'm part way through my degree too, it's not easy finding work, especially when told you're too over-qualified
    You could always do a masters in something connected to Psychology, such as - http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details...lt.aspx?Id=452
    Also, there are options available like: http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details...t.aspx?Id=2072 which is something I'm considering after I finish my degree. Finally, this one: http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/details...t.aspx?Id=2070

psy degrees in themselves aren't much use but they can be used as a platform to something else as they are highly credited, even in management roles, apparently.

In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: Job Hunting 
    not sure more education is the answer...we need the extra income to move house :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: Job Hunting 
    all those jobs have a start pay of £28k - you have to speculate to accumulate :P
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

6. Re: Job Hunting 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    Driving Examiner? They were recruiting. Good prospects for someone a bit clever... :
    Don't think I could teach kids how to drive!i was a really bad passenger with my mates from college who passed after me :P

7. Re: Job Hunting 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    recruiting bus drivers to at Bath : : :
    Bus driving is definitley not for me! Lol

8. Re: Job Hunting 
    Banned
    I don't have a passion to do my job :-/
    I'd rather be a F1 driver 8-)

9. Re: Job Hunting 
    Good luck with the job hunting! I've been looking for nearly 2 years now!

10. Re: Job Hunting 
    Platinum Member
    I'm not really sure what I want to do but i do know I don't want to be on minimum wage my whole life!
    I don't blame you but you may have to lower you expectations to begin with in this dire economic enviroment and whilst you have little experience.

Firstly as one WB would say "don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bl**dy thing" or something like that.
    The economic environment is pretty dire so it's not your fault, lots of people are in the same boat.
    You need to try and stand out from the crowd.
    If I were in your position I would be approaching companies direct in lines of work I was interested in and be offering to do some voluntary work, perhaps a weeks trial for free. If you find something you like and you are good at it and you have shown initiative you may best case find a job. Worst case you've gained some experienced and perhaps are able to rule out some things you don't want to do. Either way it's better than sitting at home.
    You might find like a lot of people that you have to build up some experience without being paid initially.
    That's tough I know and I do sympathise but employers are going to pick people who've shown inititiative and have a bit of experience other those that have sat at home just looking at the job ads.