Notices

Thread: Thank you very much Natwest!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    did the compo cover your original outgoings or was it a token gesture?
    My complaint did not involve a financial loss.
    It was about wrong information, phone calls not returned, adressing letters to the man of the house > > which is a cardinal sin.

I don't want to set your expectations as your case may be different to mine.
    I was just saying it's worth doing a complaint.

It may get you some comensation, you may feel better and who knows something may change as a result (if enough people complain).
    A gesture will make you feel better, not just because you'd got some money but because they've taken some notice.
    It costs them around £500 if anyone goes to the FOS (financial ombudsman service) so they want to avoid compalints getting that far if they can.

Obviously your ultimate power is to switch banks.
    I have been with NW for a long time and OH is with them too so it's a big upheaval to change, but it's certainly something I am considering.

2. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    did the compo cover your original outgoings or was it a token gesture?
    My complaint did not involve a financial loss.
    It was about wrong information, phone calls not returned, adressing letters to the man of the house > > which is a cardinal sin.

I don't want to set your expectations as your case may be different to mine.
    I was just saying it's worth doing a complaint.

It may get you some comensation, you may feel better and who knows something may change as a result (if enough people complain).
    A gesture will make you feel better, not just because you'd got some money but because they've taken some notice.
    It costs them around £500 if anyone goes to the FOS (financial ombudsman service) so they want to avoid compalints getting that far if they can.

Obviously your ultimate power is to switch banks.
    I have been with NW for a long time and OH is with them too so it's a big upheaval to change, but it's certainly something I am considering.

Thanks Ducatista Useful info about the cost to them from the ombudsman, I've put in a complaint and wait for their response. Not bothered about getting anything out of it provided i get a satisfactory response ... not saying it wouldn't be nice ;D ;D

3. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    I know this ain't much help to you G3o - today's Telegraph.

The computer glitch at the Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) which left millions of customers unable to access their accounts could have been caused by just one junior technician in India, it was suggested last night.
    The “inexperienced operative” accidentally wiped information during a routine software upgrade, it has been claimed.
    The member of staff, who was working on the programme for the Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and Ulster Bank, is believed to have been based in Hyderabad, India.
    According to technology website The Register, at least some of the team responsible for the error were recruited in India following redundancies in the department in the
    UK.Unions have already blamed the fiasco on the decision to outsource much of the company’s IT jobs , as Indian staff are paid as little as £9,000, compared with £50,000 their British counterparts were paid.

4. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Banned
    Haha they expect people to believe that ??? ;D

5. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    s Indian staff are paid as little as £9,000, compared with £50,000 their British counterparts were paid
    Well this clearly shows the nub of the problem.
    We all want cheaper prices as consumers, we all want good returns as investors.
    In my company we know the quality is less but for 1/5th of the price it represents good value for the investors.

6. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    s Indian staff are paid as little as £9,000, compared with £50,000 their British counterparts were paid
    Well this clearly shows the nub of the problem.
    We all want cheaper prices as consumers, we all want good returns as investors.
    In my company we know the quality is less but for 1/5th of the price it represents good value for the investors.
    Ducatista, not so sure RBS (Nat West) customers would agree with you on that one. If cheaper always meant better value we’d all be riding about on Chinese motorbikes.

This is not all about quick returns. My point is simple. The taxpayer bailed out this bank to the tune of £billions which could have been spent on vital services. I have never understood the logic of publicly owning any business to provide jobs for workers elsewhere?

As one of the main investors (taxpayer) I would be happy with a slower rate of return in my investment in the knowledge that a British owned bank was employing British workers. And providing a quality service to its customers, which is certainly not the case at the moment.

Moreover, in the wake of this fiasco and in economic terms, outsourcing jobs could prove to be counterproductive, when the final bill for customer compensation and lost custom is tallied-up.

Swanny, the bank is denying that jobs outsourcing has caused the problems with the bank’s computer system. Obviously a PR nightmare for the bank should that turn out to be the case.

7. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    I work in IT as a Problem/Incident/Change management professional and I can assure you that if RBS had followed industry standard practise instead of farming out their sw upgrades to India, this would not have happened.

The change would have had a full impact analysis done and been thoroughly tested and fully regression tested on a simulated system before they even thought about putting it live.

I don't buy all the cr@p the papers are saying. At the end of the day, RBS made a massive error and didnt have any plan in place to clean the mess up - I feel sorry for those who bank with them or Nat West... some people have been hit really hard this this monumental **** up :'(

8. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Not after any compensation per say Duc but they've got to realise they've bollocksed up big time, going without access to cash in this day and age isn't easy, seriously considering switching banks but where is safe....no where i'm guessing!

almost thought about living off cash and just using the account to receive the money but normal bills and the like need to be paid so is impractical....come on NW, sort it FFS
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    Cerutti, the papers (not tabloids) I have read appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet as you in as much as saying that the problems probably would not have occurred if the IT jobs had remained here.

10. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    Join Santander, then you can have this every week, not just limited to occaisional f*ck ups.