Notices

Thread: Thank you very much Natwest!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    Will we ever see our hard-earned redies now that the Nat-East is part of the RBS (Relocated Banking Sector?) : :P

2. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    I've been with NatWest for 25 years and recently it appears to have gone very much downhill (I don't mean just this recent incident).
    Their adverts about helpful banking are also very annoying and stick in my mind due to the irony.

I work with people in India in my IT job and I'm although they are very nice people indeed, the lack of experience and turn over rates are bound to meant there is a downward trend in quality.

3. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    Ducatista, on a serious note, I find it absolutely astonishing that the UK government would hand over billions of taxpayer’s cash to a failing bank without attaching a condition that there would be no outsourcing of jobs from the UK. It just beggars belief.

4. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    Well i went into my bank to find out what was wrong and it would seem there has been some "suspicious activity" on my account, i called up the number i was given and then spent about an hour trying to convince them i was actually me because the branch i signed up with and have never changed is now closed.
    When they finally believed me i was told that someone tried to take $403 out of my account in the US, I've never actually been to the US so that would be quite hard! I not have to wait 3-5 days for a new card to be sent TO MY OLD ADDRESS, because they wouldn't accept that i'd moved house without telling them.
    Oh well, Guess i'll have to spend the next week without any money >

5. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    I work with people in India in my IT job and I'm although they are very nice people indeed, the lack of experience and turn over rates are bound to meant there is a downward trend in quality.
    +1

6. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    Well Oh well, Guess i'll have to spend the next week without any money >
    Tell them they haqve to give you instant access to your cash over the counter or you will close your account and go, vote with your feet.
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

7. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    Oh well, Guess i'll have to spend the next week without any money Angry
    My OH left his wallet at home recently and got a unique code via his iphone/Blackberry app to get cash out of the machine.
    The code is one use only.

Isn't there a way of you getting money without a card?

8. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Oh well, Guess i'll have to spend the next week without any money Angry
    My OH left his wallet at home recently and got a unique code via his iphone/Blackberry app to get cash out of the machine.
    The code is one use only.

Isn't there a way of you getting money without a card?
    I can get money by going the bank if i really need it, its not the act of getting money that the problem its the inconvenience that is my complaint. I'm exceptionally careful about where i use my card for this very reason, 99.9% of the time only at bank ATMs, i never pay for anything by card, only cash, apart from the very occasional time i haven't remembered to get any cash out.
    The fact this has happened so close to their other "technical difficulties" seems far too much of a coincidence for my liking, and the fact that they haven't made any attempt to contact me about it only adds to my suspicions about the whole thing.

Its more an annoyance of principle than anything else, especially as their lack of effort to try and contact me almost left me stranded more than 200 miles from home! Their complaints department will be hearing from me very shortly, once i find a way to contact them other than by phone.

9. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    its not the act of getting money that the problem its the inconvenience that is my complaint
    My advice would be to complain.
    I complained recently and got £210 compensation.
    I find it handy to bullet point the issues to make it clear exactly what they are point by point, rather than just do a ramblling rant.

Their complaints department will be hearing from me very shortly, once i find a way to contact them other than by phone.
    You can do it on the web, but make sure you make it clear it's a COMPLAINT. As they have a "query" category.

10. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    [quote=Ducatista]
    My advice would be to complain.
    I complained recently and got £210 compensation
    did the compo cover your original outgoings or was it a token gesture?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....