Notices

Thread: Thank you very much Natwest!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Platinum Member
    ***WARNING*** RANT ALERT ***WARNING***

Well thank you very much Natwest! I took a very long and rather dull ride to exeter en route to dartmoor/plymouth with an assurance from their website that "All ATMs and point of sale transactions are still available." I Just about get to exeter on one tank of fuel, fill up using the last 20 quid in my wallet, go to get some more cash out to get me down to plymouth and get something to eat, Lo and behold! My card is rejected, i try several ATMs at different places including a closed Natwest branch and nothing. So i was forced to turn around and have another rather long and just as dull ride home again! Just consider myself lucky that i had the money in my wallet or i would be very much stranded in exeter about now with no way of accessing any funds at all! Bastards!!! What a nice waste of a day and 40 quid for a fairly dull ride!

2. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Banned
    The banks having troubles like this seems very fishy to me.
    I don't believe they don't have top computer people that can't fix this in hours rather than days

3. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    It is dragging on a bit..... :

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

4. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    that sucks G, they don't seem to know what they're doing
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    Did Stephen Hester's pay cheque clear ok? :P

6. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Banned
    I bet the queens did

7. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    ***WARNING*** RANT ALERT ***WARNING***

Well thank you very much Natwest! I took a very long and rather dull ride to exeter en route to dartmoor/plymouth with an assurance from their website that "All ATMs and point of sale transactions are still available." I Just about get to exeter on one tank of fuel, fill up using the last 20 quid in my wallet, go to get some more cash out to get me down to plymouth and get something to eat, Lo and behold! My card is rejected, i try several ATMs at different places including a closed Natwest branch and nothing. So i was forced to turn around and have another rather long and just as dull ride home again! Just consider myself lucky that i had the money in my wallet or i would be very much stranded in exeter about now with no way of accessing any funds at all! Bastards!!! What a nice waste of a day and 40 quid for a fairly dull ride!
    I've had this. Seems there is a onging problem with the Link network. Had a situation of not being able to withdraw cash a few weeks ago.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Diamond Member
    The Nat-West, part of RBS Group, which is 82 per cent owned by the taxpayer, has still refused to give a detailed explanation of the causes of the crisis despite the bank’s desperate consumers demanding answers.

Surprise, surprise however, the bank’s hierarchy are denying that the 30,000 UK redundancies at RBS and the outsourcing of jobs to India and elsewhere are to blame for the malfunction.

Whatever, surely the main stakeholder (us, the taxpayer) in the bank should at least expect “British jobs for British workers” in this instance? >

Closed my account with RBS in protest at the bail-out at the time.

9. Re: Thank you very much Natwest! 
    Banned
    We all know that banks and even countries are in a very bad way so I think this is just a sign of things to come

10. Re: Thank you very much Natwest!