Notices

Thread: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    They are stating 200-1 ratio and that theyve been doing it in the states for some time

2. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    Quote Originally Posted by 470four
    [quote author=voodoo link=1341593556/6#6 date=1341694308]might have to try this one as my car's a soot chucker ;D

No smoke, no poke! ;D

Stop's tailgaters. [/quote]
    gives a nice sense of satisfaction when the car behind is right up your a**e and you dump the throttle to chuck out a smokescreen

3. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Green
    They are stating 200-1 ratio and that theyve been doing it in the states for some time
    I see that? Will save a little oil I suppose? No harm in trying it... also states it will of course save wear in the low pressure pump in the tank?

4. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    Just read up on EGR valves too my uncle has a diesel passat which seems to be showing signs of a malfunctioning EGR stuttering idle and juddering on acceleration think ill mention it to him as it seems to have beneficial effects on the said valve
    Good thread Darren !!! 8-)

5. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo
    [quote author=470four link=1341593556/9#9 date=1341695273][quote author=voodoo link=1341593556/6#6 date=1341694308]might have to try this one as my car's a soot chucker ;D
    No smoke, no poke! ;D

Stop's tailgaters. [/quote]
    gives a nice sense of satisfaction when the car behind is right up your a**e and you dump the throttle to chuck out a smokescreen [/quote]

Not nice when you're following a smokey old dog on your bike though
    All these old smokers need is a oil and filter change

Cheers for the tip, going to chuck some two stroke oil in next time I put more diesel in the van.
    Supposed to stop it smoking so much on a cold start as well

6. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    very true, hence it's only allowed with cars

7. Re: Two stoke oil in your diesel tank... 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Green
    Just read up on EGR valves too my uncle has a diesel passat which seems to be showing signs of a malfunctioning EGR stuttering idle and juddering on acceleration think ill mention it to him as it seems to have beneficial effects on the said valve
    Good thread Darren !!! 8-)

"Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve", links your exhaust manifold to your inlet manifold - under certain conditions it will open to allow burnt exhaust gases back into your engine to improve emissions under say - coasting on a closed throttle...

This to me is bollocks & makes having an exhaust stroke pointless if you are going to let that nasty sooty crap back into your engine??

My EGR is on holiday - have blanked off the hole & relocated the solenoid & shuttle to do its thing somewhere else (if the EGR is unplugged the ECU will freak out)

The ECU is happy the EGR is still connected and working happily, Im happy that my engine is no longer being forced to eat its own ****.

Better cetane rating, also sharper throttle response going from closed to open throttle - does not have to clear its lungs first...