Notices

Thread: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Diamond Member
    The armed forces have been told to find an extra 3,500 personnel to protect the Olympic Games to cover a shortfall in recruitment by a private security firm just a fortnight before the games open.
    The extra personnel, the equivalent of an infantry brigade, means that 20,000 servicemen and women will be on duty - that is a fifth of the Army. What a double whammy for the taxpayer – In addition to the £millions to pay for the extra soldiers it’s unlikely we will see a single penny of the £300 million fee the government has already paid G4S for covering the Olympic security.

It is a sight which many older generations thought they would never see in this country again.
    Soldiers in residential tower blocks and green open spaces were installing surface-to-air missiles at six sites across the capital, a show of strength not seen in this country since the Second World War.
    The biggest peacetime security operation the country has ever seen.

M6 'terror' swoop: £6m, 25 police cars, 13 fire engines, 4 ambulances, 2 army bomb disposal teams... due to one electronic cigarette.

In light of the aforesaid recent events, is there anyone apart from US & UK leaders who believe we can win the, “War on terror”?

Let's hope nowt kicks-off outside of the Capital. Volunteers?

2. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Platinum Member
    Millions for extra soldiers? Soldiers are already paid 365/7/24, where's the extra cost?

3. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Millions for extra soldiers? Soldiers are already paid 365/7/24, where's the extra cost?

The soldiers can't be in two locations at the same time, therefore we are paying for 3500 troops to police the Olympics, whatever that cost is for 3 weeks. We have already paid once for the security to G4S. Whatever, it's still a major cock-up.

4. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Platinum Member
    Are you suggesting for a moment our gubbermint, won't reclaim this money from G4S?

5. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    all G4 will say is they under priced themselves in the first place and all the cash is gone. i find the ROE ridiculous, if you spot anything suspicous raise your hand and shout POLICE three times! WTF?

if you want something stopped they should be armed with batons and allowed to climb all over any one who is a real and serious threat to the lives of others

trained soldiers babysitting plod is just wrong
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    NURSE!!!!! ...oxygen quick ;D ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Diamond Member
    The soldiers should go on strike unles they get the same extra payments that the bus and underground drivers are getting!

8. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Platinum Member
    But they can't, and neither should they receive them either. Soldiers know what's in store when they sign, and this is nothing new, they've been doing Wimbledon for ever, if you don't like it, change jobs.

9. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    all G4 will say is they under priced themselves in the first place and all the cash is gone. i find the ROE ridiculous, if you spot anything suspicous raise your hand and shout POLICE three times! WTF?

if you want something stopped they should be armed with batons and allowed to climb all over any one who is a real and serious threat to the lives of others

The soldiers are not babysitting plod. They are being drafted in to make up the shortfall of security personal that was supposed to be supplied for the games by G4S.

10. Re: And the Gold Medal for incompetence goes to...... 
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    [quote author=porkies link=1342206947/4#4 date=1342217159]all G4 will say is they under priced themselves in the first place and all the cash is gone. i find the ROE ridiculous, if you spot anything suspicous raise your hand and shout POLICE three times! WTF?

The soldiers are not babysitting plod. They are being drafted in to make up the shortfall of security personal that was supposed to be supplied for the games by G4S.[/quote]

sorry DD, i didn't me plod as in police (late night is my excuse : ) i understand why they are there but don't agree with it.

Col, Oxygen????? eh? :-?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....