Notices

Thread: Wiggins - what a god...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wiggins - what a god... 
    Not you Jon, but Bradley Wiggins. If he and his team get him to the line first on sunday, it'll be an awesome achievement. The Tour has to be the greatest feat of physical endurance in the world. Just to compete and finish is amazing. But to compete and win, especially when we've never had a British winner, will be out of this world! I don't care what happens in the Olympics, as long as Wiggins wins this...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Agreed! 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    ;D

I read the thread title..... and couldn't agree more!!!!!!

But... good luck Bradley.... will be great to have a british winner.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Barring anything stupid happening, it's in the bag. This years tour was made for him. (The Tour is actually won on the Saturday, but I get your point )

5. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Diamond Member
    BBC Sports personality of the year. 8-)

6. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    BBC Sports personality of the year. 8-)
    Has to be 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1342729588/4#4 date=1342795893]BBC Sports personality of the year. 8-)
    Has to be 8-)

BB[/quote]

He'll be getting my vote...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    .. and knighthood eventually .... even Sir Chris Hoy has said that a Wiggins Le Tour win will be the greatest sporting achievement of all time by any British sportsman.

.... go Wiggins in today's Time Trial stage ..

..... and WOW .. Mark Cavendish's sprint finish yesterday was just amazing .. especially the zoomed in helicopter footage .. his closing speed was just staggering. !! 8-)
    Ducati Diavel Dark

9. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Team Sky has been amazing.
    I haven't seen a footsoldier like Chris froome since Big George was riding with Armstrong.
    They even had the naturally selfish sprinter running around on domestic duties.

I can't see it staying this way for long though. The lure of a yellow Jersey and even a tour win will be too strong for an all rounder like Froome.

10. Re: Wiggins - what a god... 
    Sadly i reckon that SPOTY might go to anybody who wins a bit of fake gold at the olympics but even if Wiggo does fall off or sommat he still deserves the SPOTY for even being as high as he has been!

The TDF is the hardest physical sport there is, and its participants amongst the hardest athletes there are. Andre Greipel fell off, dislocated his shoulder, put it back in himself (badly, so he had to do it agian!) then got back on his bike and came second in that stage! AND he's still in the race. Absolutely incredible!