Notices

Thread: Olympics opening ceremony

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Diamond Member
    Started off a bit slow. Wasn't keen on the countryside, but kicked off when the industrial revolution, fitting tribute to the NHS service & GOSH.
    The the best bit music through the years, Eric Clapton, The Who, The Jam, David Bowie, Queen even enjoyed Dizzy ;D.
    Did drag on towards the end. Let's hope for good games.

2. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Oldfatboy is crying this morning - hes watching the women's beach volleyball on the telly and he commented that the stadium was virtually empty.....

Bizarre really that we were unable to purchase tickets for this event :

3. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Thought it was very good and got better the longer it went on?.

4. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1343423327/12#12 date=1343427347][quote author=Conehead link=1343423327/11#11 date=1343426743][ my expectations weren't very high.
    I love it, that made me chuckle ;D ;D ;D ;D [/quote]

C'mon, stop with the negative vibes.....we're always putting ourselves down, lets try and be positive and upbeat about our country for a change. We can forget about the politicians and bankers for a couple of weeks and join in our athletes dreams of success
    [/quote]

You are the only person who has mentioned bankers and politicians. I repeat, I really enjoyed it [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

I know Ken, it was not aimed at you, I just wanted to inject some positivity into the thread as I just think it will be great for a change to have a couple of weeks of feeling the "Great" in Britain

5. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    I really liked it! I was worried they would do something really naff but it was a pretty amazing show to watch.

And I did like the choice of flame carriers to light the cauldron Much better than some celebrity (I was worried it would be David Beckham!)
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    I thought it started off rather slow,but really started to enjoy it towards the end.

7. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    And why are they playing The Clash, The Jam and the Sex Pistols. Surely Susan Boyle and Beyonce would be more fitting.
    My friends dad William Price snr had to rework London Calling for the show and remove the anti establishment bits which is basically all the verses.

8. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    I did enjoy it, really well put together, all the work that's gone into the event really shone through, loved the music

9. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=monday21 link=1343423327/19#19 date=1343453540][quote author=BMWGraeme link=1343423327/12#12 date=1343427347][quote author=Conehead link=1343423327/11#11 date=1343426743][ my expectations weren't very high.
    I love it, that made me chuckle ;D ;D ;D ;D [/quote]

C'mon, stop with the negative vibes.....we're always putting ourselves down, lets try and be positive and upbeat about our country for a change. We can forget about the politicians and bankers for a couple of weeks and join in our athletes dreams of success
    [/quote]

You are the only person who has mentioned bankers and politicians. I repeat, I really enjoyed it [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

I know Ken, it was not aimed at you, I just wanted to inject some positivity into the thread as I just think it will be great for a change to have a couple of weeks of feeling the "Great" in Britain [/quote]

8-) 8-) 8-) Graeme. Got a feeling we could do well in the medals. The athletes you expect to do well don't always perform on the day and others surprise you. I like the multi events like the decathlon and the relays. Not really into 100 meters - open my beer and I've missed it. ;D

10. Re: Olympics opening ceremony 
    Platinum Member
    For the first 10-15 minutes I thought OMG - what the he'll are we trying to tell the world about us & our country? Then came the chimneys - it was really good from there onwards.
    Excellent job Danny Boyle !
    I especially liked the queens role (she has got a sense of humour)