Notices

Thread: Olympic hopes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Olympic hopes 
    Diamond Member
    So that those who are not interested in, don't see the relevance or don't agree with the politics of the Olympic Games can leave the rest of us to enjoy it, I thought I would start a new thread. If you have no interest or don't agree with the Olympics then this is your opportunity to ignore it.

So, to start things off, I'm hoping that Wiggin's does well in the time trial today, the mens 8's and woman's double do well in the rowing and the two men in the final of the 200m Breaststroke this evening can match their excellent qualification swims yesterday.

C'mon Team GB!

2. Re: Olympic hopes 
    I'm afraid the mens eight is up against it. The yanks are very strong.... a medal in that event would be an achievement. Good luk to the wommens pair.... they are a real bolt from the blue. It's the lightweight double to watch... they have the best chance I think.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Diamond Member
    I agree its going to be tough on the 8's but they rowed well last time out to qualify and the crowd will give them a huge lift.

4. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Platinum Member
    What about the Wimmins football, they haven't conceded a goal yet! Jolly hockey sticks are looking strong too.

5. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Diamond Member
    There's lots of teams and individuals slowly moving up to the plate - yeah, the woman's football team is doing great as the only team not to have conceded a goal and they have won all three matches including beating the Brazilians who are the favourites.

We're just coming up to some of our strongest events and we still have the velodrome to start so hopefully we will have some golds by the close of play tonight to satisfy the medal table statisticians. Should get everyone (well, almost everyone) buzzing and cheering the team on.

6. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Diamond Member
    Seems to me that all our medal hopefuls have not performed to there best & not yet won Gold

On the plus unexpected winners Men Gynastics, womens cycling & potential for mens 200 mtrs Breast stroke qualified 1st & 3rd fastest. Both lads train at Bath ;D

7. Re: Olympic hopes 
    i'm holding on for the pole vault, i'm not entire sure but its one of my favourites to watch, also like the long or triple jump

everything's crossed for a good set of wins from the Brits ;D
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Olympic hopes 
    First Gold for Team GB. Amazing effort by Heather Standing and Helen Glover. Done themselves and the country proud. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

9. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Diamond Member
    Well done girls [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

10. Re: Olympic hopes 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    i'm holding on for the pole vault, i'm not entire sure but its one of my favourites to watch, also like the long or triple jump

everything's crossed for a good set of wins from the Brits ;D
    Alison Stokke, amazing pole vaulter, Google her