Notices

Thread: Any opticians on here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Any opticians on here? 
    Platinum Member
    I had a sight test Today and the optician has spotted some lessions on both of my retinas that need to be investigated. He told me that it is common and that they are 'not raised' however I will have to go to hospital to have it checked out and to also check that they are not malignant!!!
    I don't mind admitting that I'm sh1t scared.

2. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    whats your job?
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    Platinum Member
    I'm an assistant manager in retail.

4. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    oh ok, wondered if your job involved anything high energy wise you had to look at which may have explained the burns on the eye. i.e. arc welding...

fingers crossed its all ok for you
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    I had a sight test Today and the optician has spotted some lessions on both of my retinas that need to be investigated. He told me that it is common and that they are 'not raised' however I will have to go to hospital to have it checked out and to also check that they are not malignant!!!
    I don't mind admitting that I'm sh1t scared.
    Why not give the opticians a call and say just what you've posted. They really should be happy to explain it for you.

6. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    They should be happy to explain to set your mind at rest. Have you gotr your appointment yet?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    Hey Rabb, dont panic. I had the same thing a few years back, had to have drops in at the hospital to widen pupils so they can have a good look around and you cannot drive or ride afterwards. Turned out to be a simple mole on the back of the eye and nothing to worry about.
    Good luck and hope all goes well.

8. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    oh,,,, and take some sunglasses cos the light is a little uncomfortable afterwards because your pupils will be dilated and will not react to light for a couple of hours.

9. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    Eyes are treated as your most important sense so they will always take any eye problems seriously (quickly)

Had a condition called Iritus a couple of years back. My eye got very red and inflamed - felt like there was something in it.

Went to doctor and got sent (emergency) to the eye clinic in Bath. Your own bodies defence system attacks your own eye and tries to destroy it. Unless caught quick it can cause serious damage

I had steroid eye drops to put in eye every hour for 6 weeks + other creams as well

My other eye was damaged in an explosion back in the 80's so I have blurred vision in the other so with both eyes not good I was half blind for two weeks.

Iritus can come back regularly or not at all. I spoke to a chap at our rally who gets it occasionally and he had to have emergency steroid injections in his eyeball..

10. Re: Any opticians on here? 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the info guys & gals.
    Appointment booked at Warminster -16th August (earliest available!!!)
    - Despite a two week rule if a cancer is suspected??