Notices

Thread: Giving it up !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to read about your off. Obviously a tuff decision to make to give it up (Track days) The Older Generation don't bounce as well.

Least its only your ego/pride thats damaged & no bones [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: Giving it up ! 
    When I was 16/17/18 in the mid to late 70's I did a lot of stupid things and a lot of crashing on little bikes and I soon learned that it hurts

It has tempered my riding. Hurtling around blind corners on ordinary roads is not for me.

I would ride around a track if I could do it on my own because I would no longer be pushing it to any limits.
    I have a wife and kids to consider. I see so many track day videos where other people have big off's. I think the risk of being hurt by those knob heads is just too great.

If you are going to do track days then sooner or later you will have an off.

3. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Sorry to read about your off. Obviously a tuff decision to make to give it up (Track days) The Older Generation don't bounce as well.

Read again Stu [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Can't wait to get back on at Combe on Wednesday.

SupeRDel, Think you are right about having off's at track days, if you do enough of them it's going to happen.
    They (TDR Forum) do say that if you don't fall off your'e not trying hard enough ;D
    At least I've proved I can fall off and I don't necessarily have to have a helicopter ride anywhere, but Stu's right about bouncing (and the lack of doing so) at 55 - that's age, not MPH ;D

4. Re: Giving it up ! 
    I ride to protect myself - its the riders around me that frighten me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...;v=HZ4eixlNf6Q

5. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1345474214/20#20 date=1345634882]Sorry to read about your off. Obviously a tuff decision to make to give it up (Track days) The Older Generation don't bounce as well.

Read again Stu [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Can't wait to get back on at Combe on Wednesday.

SupeRDel, Think you are right about having off's at track days, if you do enough of them it's going to happen.
    They (TDR Forum) do say that if you don't fall off your'e not trying hard enough ;D
    At least I've proved I can fall off and I don't necessarily have to have a helicopter ride anywhere, but Stu's right about bouncing (and the lack of doing so) at 55 - that's age, not MPH ;D
    [/quote]

Didn't scroll all the way down to see the last bit

Bit early or late for April fool

6. Re: Giving it up ! 
    I feel your pain! I too decided track days weren't for me in spite of absolutely loving them. I don't bounce any more...

Top Tip: Next time, back off slightly before the final corner, drive through it harder, carrying more corner speed for a faster exit and slingshot past the other bike on the way out of the corner thus avoiding the need for a death or glory manoeuvre too far up the braking zone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    That was my plan before a spectacular highside on the exit part (I'll never buy Dunlops ever again) ruined everything. : I mangled both my hands although 3 years on, they're almost as good as they were. I guess if it was simple it wouldn't be fun. :P