Giving it up !

Following my well publicised crash at Llandow Circuit on Saturday and the damage to me and the bike, I did a lot of soul searching yesterday (Sunday) and have decided that it’s not really for me.

I may risk some of you trackdayers calling me a wimp, but I don’t care, I’m to old to let what others think make a difference to my deeds.

Now I know some of you really like it, I mean Basil did it three times last year (and got the photo’s to prove it) and a number of you have done it this year, but I simply can’t see the fun in it. Even when I turned on the telly last night I saw Stoner & Hayden in the USA doing it in spectacular style, but it still doesn’t tempt me to continue.

What’s more, I can’t really see which bit people like that much, you can’t really look forward to it, and it’s over so fast you can’t appreciate it when your doing it. Then afterwards there’s the mess and expense (sounds like my love life) :-/

So, I’m sorry, but crashing is not for me, and I’m giving it up.
From now on I’m going to stay riding the bike from the start to the finish.

Please don’t try and talk me around, I’ve made my mind up on this and I’m not budging.

See you on the 29th at Castle Combe ;D ;D ;D