Notices

Thread: Giving it up !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Banned
    Good luck Gerry I hope you stay off the tracks..
    How many days has it been now??

2. Re: Giving it up ! 
    it'll never last ;D

3. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline
    [quote author=Gerry link=1345474214/1#1 date=1345474658]PS. Sorry if the title of my post was a bit misleading, but you shouldn’t jump to conclusions :P :P :P
    G 8-)
    Didnt fool me for a minute Mr Simpson ;D but I agree I think you should give up crashing [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [/quote]

Drat, took me ages to pen as well, thought I'd fool everybody
    Sent you some pics (of you) lol
    xxx

4. Re: Giving it up ! 
    The trick is avoiding crashing Gerry, and managing the potential get-off scenario. In your situation you had two good options and one bad one, the better ones being:
    1. Take the "Oh ****" lane, as used by numerous Llandow compatriots on Saturday.
    2. If heading for the (wet) grass, pick the bike up and go straight on, and don't touch the brakes!
    The bad option you don't need explaining...

Keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and you'll learn to manage crises when they arise. Good style points on the forward roll by the way, very quickly back on your feet in a quite nonchalant stylee well done on avoiding any more painful injuries 8-)

Fast group next season then? :-?

Top Tip: Next time, back off slightly before the final corner, drive through it harder, carrying more corner speed for a faster exit and slingshot past the other bike on the way out of the corner thus avoiding the need for a death or glory manoeuvre too far up the braking zone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Sorry to read about your off Gerry also sorry to read your hanging up your trackday gloves

But hang on to one of your track bikes as in a few months time you may feel the urge to get back on track and as scotty said in the fast group next year !!

6. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbok4
    Sorry to read about your off Gerry also sorry to read your hanging up your trackday gloves

But hang on to one of your track bikes as in a few months time you may feel the urge to get back on track and as scotty said in the fast group next year !!
    Somebody didn't read the post all the way through :

wish i'd been there to see it first hand Gerry! Looks like a cracking crash! Fancy doing it again next year for me?! ;D

7. Re: Giving it up ! 
    Nice 1 g3o lol
    A combination of alcohol - holiday - old age creeping on = not reading posts correctly ;D

Good choice Gerry crashing = pain + ££££££s

8. Re: Giving it up ! 
    From your post Gerry, I can relate to every point, although, not on the track and not going fast!! Sorry you are hurting, I can sympathise, but we'll get back on because we love it so much!! Hope you feel better soon! :-*
    It's all about the ride!

9. Re: Giving it up ! 
    hang on in there dude
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: Giving it up ! 
    LOL I'm saying nothing Mr G :-* :-*