Notices

Thread: Very quick favour....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Very quick favour.... 
    Diamond Member
    I've just finished doing my first ever website, having never done anything like it.

Just wondered if people wouldn't mind having a quick look and giving some feedback? If any 'techie' people have any ueful nuggets of info as well, please share - all constructive comments welcome! If you know how I can make it fill the whole page rather than having the grey border round it, then I'm all ears!

www.aidanmoore.co.uk

Thank you!

2. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Looks good there mate, just need to loose the red border around the literature, it doesn't seem to blend, other than that it seems to work very well.

3. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Looks good there mate, just need to loose the red border around the literature, it doesn't seem to blend, other than that it seems to work very well.

+1

4. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    On the side bike where you list the home, my story, my gigs ect. Its difficult to read on the backgroud. Maybe change the writing to another colour so it sticks out?

Other than that its ok.

I am dyslexic so, I found the bit I have mentioned quite hard to read.

5. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Banned
    I'm with Maz on the links on the left, could you have a solid behind them to help them show perhaps.

Also Sunday isn't the 27th, not what you were after as such!

I really like the fonts you have used except whatever it is in the main text body sections in home and my story. Just looks a bit casual / default / common or something. Is it comic sans?

6. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Diamond Member
    It is comic sans! Some of what you said is good feedback, some I can't do as the tools on the site are limited, but that's probably good for me as I have such basic knowledge so less to go wrong!

7. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Diamond Member
    Ok, I've made some more changes to the fonts, sizes etc and moved things around a little bit. Oh, and corrected the dates! lol

It is looking better already I think...

Thank you for the comments!

8. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    some of the links in your music page were taking me to your calender page like the under the bridge link

9. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    Diamond Member
    It's now been overhauled, and completely transformed thanks to a web designer friend of mine, so please have a quick look if you can and let me know thoughts.

Little things, like all my tracks are available now on the site, rather than going to youtube etc, and the calendar look much more professional.

Would be great to know your thoughts, especially if you saw the old version!

www.aidanmoore.co.uk

10. Re: Very quick favour.... 
    I found the grey italic writing on a lighter grey background a bit hard to read