Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. 9/11 
    Banned
    Do you believe the official story??

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuglPhhPVQo[/media]

2. Re: 9/11 
    Diamond Member
    Yes

I also believe that Elvis is dead, the Americans landed on the Moon and Princess Dianna wasn't an alien - just call me gullible ;D

3. Re: 9/11 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Yes

I also believe that Elvis is dead, the Americans landed on the Moon and Princess Dianna wasn't an alien - just call me gullible ;D
    +1.

Just as gullable as you.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: 9/11 
    Banned
    Easier that way

5. Re: 9/11 
    Compositing of the video. This one has been disproved.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: 9/11 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Yes

I used to work in the area of digital video compositing and know how Keying (or more precisely Matting), masking and compositing works as I worked for the company that invented it 30 years ago. In general it only works inside a pure digital signal where the picture is converted into colour difference parameters, usually referred to as 4:2:2:4 (360mbs bitrate, which is an 8-bit signal) or when used in high end applications or film is 4:4:4:4 (720mbs bitrate, which is the truer 10-bit signal).

The footage shown is in NTSC which is a what the American's use for their homeland transmission. (BTW - if you believe your "digital" TV at home is actually fully digital, you may be in for a bit of a shock). You cannot do any of the work spoken about in NTSC or even in a more modern MPEG format. The signal has to be converted to digital colour difference parameters before it can be manipulated in the way demonstrated which is done inside digital framestores. It would then have to be re-encoded back to the composite TV signal in this case NTSC. All of which is technically possible, however the resultant artifacts would be so obvious as to make it un-useable. Also, Keying is a studio or post production tool but it has to have a signal that equates to the cutout before it can be used. In the studio this uses complexities such as blue or green screen matting which you may have seen on TV (technically this is called Chromakeying). In the field that would mean a second camera just to use for a key signal as video cameras do not produce this on their own. To do what they are discussing, you would have to have had a second camera perfectly aligned with the video camera just to produce a Key (or Matte).

The possibility this is sort of kit was on the ground during 9/11 or available to be used live is, err, nil.

So, in short, I agree with Gerry ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: 9/11 
    Banned
    Ok so if the film wasn't tampered with what happened to the nose of the plane?? For a start how did it manage to get through the building?? And where did it go after making it through the building?

For the record I don't believe a word of the official story

And there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

8. Re: 9/11 
    Platinum Member
    Mirrors...the towers are still there.

9. Re: 9/11 
    Diamond Member
    I've been up the North Tower...or what was the North Tower. The sheer scale of that building cannot be understood by watching it on TV. The resultant destruction of anything after that fell down is entirely plausible.

There is merit in the conspiracy theory that once the buildings were beyond saving, they were "brought down" in a controlled manner with prefixed explosives so that they went down vertically rather than over to one side which would have been even more disastrous. I'm more inclined to believe that one.

And man landed on the moon not in some far out desert in Nevada and its not made out of cheese. And Elvis is dead. Lord Lucan is alive and living in Marbella. Yes? Or no?

10. Re: 9/11 
    i believe it too, but not that they didn't have advanced warning, whatever the reason, a hell of a lot of people died as a result.

it all boils down to bolictics at end of the day and they'll keep shoveling us the same old stuff :-/
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....