Notices

Thread: Vandalism

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Vandalism 
    Banned
    Yeah that sucks, spineless individual I'm sure isn't expecting to be found out

2. Re: Vandalism 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    > why do people feel the need to damage other people's property > jealousy? petty mindedness? i don't think i will ever figure it out...

today at work my bike was keyed 14 times and the seat slashed twice, i've no idea why it was done but i am fortunate enough to park on a secured access site with the bike covered by CCTV and also lucky enough for my boss to be reviewing the tapes tonight with the intention of firing those responsible and also lucky enough that he said he will tell me who it was before he fires them...i just don't know what to do once i know who it is? part of me wants swift direct action but violence isn't the answer and doubt i will get any money off them for the repairs and replacement parts, just don't know why it was done >
    Get your boss to speak to them and say they will pay any outstanding wages owed to them over to you.
    Get the police involved as you will need to quote an incident number for your insurance and to take them to court.
    Get yor money, get your bike fixed give it a few months arrange an alibi and arrange a stay for the B*stard(s) in hospital. >

3. Re: Vandalism 
    Sorry to hear that Dan definitely get the police involved and really avoid any direct action yourself it tends to be frowned upon these days you are the victim here you dont want to find yourself in a situation where they end up bleating about being the victim it seems to happen a lot in this country !!! :-/

4. Re: Vandalism 
    Banned
    Bad news.
    I think the reason people do such cowardly things is just down to jealousy.
    If a real man had a problem with you he would let you know face to face not sneak around and damage your bike.
    Sad pathetic little people do such lowlife things, you should feel sorry for them really but they just aren't worth it >

5. Re: Vandalism 
    Dan, if the tossers who damaged your property can be identified from the CCTV, please report it to the police with a view to having them prosecuted and sent to court. Other than claiming from your insurance company this is the only way you will get any money from the tossers. You boss does not have the power or legal recourse to make them pay for it out of their wages. However, even if the matter does go to court and the persons responsible are proven guilty there is no guarantee that the court will make them pay compo as part of their sentence so I wouldn't get your hopes up to much.

Really sorry to hear about the bike being dmaged. I still haven't been able to figure out what there is to gain from causing mindless damage to somebodies property.

6. Re: Vandalism 
    well interesting today, someone was fired for no apparent reason and i was told it was unrelated to my bike but no one else knows why fired?

does make me wonder tho? new seat is £51 and tank is £205 not including import tax or shipping so its gonna be costly to replace.... >
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

7. Re: Vandalism 
    Platinum Member
    Report to the babylon, they can seek the cctv if the boss is witholding it. Then go round and give the person sacked a kicking, just in case it was them >

8. Re: Vandalism 
    Thats bad news man. Get the police involved NOW in order to find out who it is. They will get the tapes to identify him/her. find out who it is, call him/her up, say you'll drop the charges if they fix it. dont be threatening here tho as he will tell the court and you'll loose out. wether you actually drop the charges after they cough up is up to you.lol tell him after you dont play fair with tossers and if he'd like to talk about it you'll pop round with the boys. We'll arrange a ride out to his house, that will put the woolies up him. lol

9. Re: Vandalism 
    Dan would it not be cheaper to get it resprayed and recovered?
    Make sure your boss doesn't destroy the tapes, you know what they are like when it comes to keeping holding stuff to screw people over!
    Just remember that you are the bigger man and they can't even step and explain what their problem is with you. Performing a senseless act like that is ridiculous, should you find out who it is I am sure they would appreciate the old engine oil I have got in the garage on their roof!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

10. Re: Vandalism 
    Diamond Member
    Most companies have to follow a CCTV Policy that wouldn't allow just any one to go and view/copy CCTV footage for evidence. Usually the police have to be involved and request access to the footage - its all about your privacy rights. So, probably the only way you are ever going to find out and get any compensation is to report it as criminal damage to the police. Also, the CCTV records won't stay there for ever - they're usually hard disk based and are set to over record after a few weeks so when that happens its gone forever unless its been copied. Thats unlikely to happen unless the police are involved. I would at least ask your boss what the policy is and report it to the police as a matter of course.