Notices

Thread: Vandalism

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Vandalism 
    Platinum Member
    Don't give up on getting the money back.
    They may be covered by a household contents policy which has 3rd party liability cover.

Do you yourself have any free legal advice or free legal cover on your household insurance? If so then call them for advice.
    Personally I would avoid a bike insurance claim for this amount, although you may still have to declare the loss/incident.

2. Re: Vandalism 
    was thinking new parts purely to keep the bike newish but repairs are probably the cheaper way, theres a breakers out tewkesbury way with an GT650 naked so gonna look see if i can get the tank and seat to fit.

according to my boss no one approached the bike even though its only 20ft approx from the camera and right in the middle of the frame, (have seen some stills) and yet someone was fired today???

onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

3. Re: Vandalism 
    Get the police in on it now. The CCTV should cover it and if that has disappeared then your boss is probably covering for the guy he has just fired!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

4. Re: Vandalism 
    am going to do once i get home, i thought he might be covering but if he was covering he wouldn't of fired him?

The CCTV data isn't stored here and the security is run by the secure site landlord so not sure my boos could remove the data, even if he wanted to. Breakers have the seat for £20 so i know what i'm doing at the weekend!

5. Re: Vandalism 
    shouldnt do any fixing till you've decided how and who is paying.otherwise it might end in tears.

just thinking out loud

6. Re: Vandalism 
    Diamond Member
    Dan, I’m not pointing the finger but, perhaps your Employer may have struck up an agreement with the culprit not to press charges if he/she went quietly.

Personally speaking, I would lodge a formal complaint with the police and advise them that CCTV is in operation on site, as a matter of urgency. I would suggest you submit it in writing to ensure it is recorded.

Good luck mate.

7. Re: Vandalism 
    good advice Ken thanks

8. Re: Vandalism 
    just read this... did you find out who it was?

9. Re: Vandalism 
    nope, but three people were fired from work, oddly enough one of them thought the bike belonged to someone else....see what turns up. scratches have kinda been polished out and now have a new seat covering donated from my local bike guru

10. Re: Vandalism 
    more damage received on Tuesday, beyond f#@ked off now, on a positive tho boss has agreed to get a seperate secure bike park that only i have access too and won't cost me a penny