Notices

Thread: where does your username come from?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. where does your username come from? 
    I've wondered this about a few names I have seen on the forum. Where does yours come from?
    Mine is a shortened version of my old username on eBay, Goldenoldie5 and that comes from my surname (My ex husands nickname at school was Oldie) - Olden.
    Olden/Golden/Goldie...see?

How about you?
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

2. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Diamond Member

I'm not sure really, I first noticed being called Gerry when I was at school, even my parents call me it. Then, as a teenager I was called Gerry by almost everybody. By the time I was an adult I was known as Gerry to one and all.

I think it maybe something to do with my parents from when I was a baby.
    Hope this helps.

Gerry x

3. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Diamond Member
    Indecently, I was known as Gatso on the Supra forum, which was the first forum I was on for a fair few years (before I saw the light and got into bikes). I chose that as I wanted something that started with G, so I could sign off with G, and something that was short and snappy.
    It was also in the days when Gatso’s where fairly new and seemed almost the invention of the Devil !

When I joined a number of bike forums, Gatso was taken on one of them so I changed to a name that was free on them all. Pity really as I liked Gatso.

G

I’m also known as Donkeydick on some other forums but I was to modest to use it here ;D ;D ;D

4. Re: where does your username come from? 
    mine is a bit pretty self explanatory... My name is Alexandra and being as thats usually taken I sub half the letters with numbers.

Feel free to call me Al, Alex, Lexie, Alz etc, I write my full name usually to define the fact i'm female as being into cars, bikes, football and computers its usually assumed I'm probably male!

5. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Mines fairly simple really, was called Rob, through out my school years, and so it stuck, and i prefer to be called Rob, however my name is Robert, and if Rob is taken as a forum name then i go for Robf, or Robf279.

6. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Mine comes from 1985. I was working with another geezer called neil. So everybody used to get confused about who was who. They nicknamed him Bones and Me Nelly. I think i got off lightly
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Nico - real name is Nicolette but i dont use it very often cause i dont like it, but i do like it being shortened to Nico

And babe cause I is a girly

8. Re: where does your username come from? 
    lol @ Gerry

mine comes from my name :P and the deepest darkest recesses of my mind......plus i thought it'll be a nice simple one to rememeber.

(off topic slightly - i am known on another forum as Porky, something to do with army mentality of eating anything put in front of me.... :-[)
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: where does your username come from? 
    Platinum Member
    My first 5 and my last four.

10. Re: where does your username come from? 
    An ex resident at a residential home I worked at called me Beamer 'cos I apparently beam when I smile.......absolutely nothing to do with BMW's lol

So many people actually think it is my real surname too lol....I may change it officially one day ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D