Notices

Thread: Drivers without lights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Banned
    What pisses me off are drivers that travel at night on dark country roads with nothing in front but they drive on dipped beam. Don't the stupid feckers want to see all of the road???
    It also means it's harder for anyone following the numpty to overtake as they can't see the road in front.

2. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    What pisses me off are drivers that travel at night on dark country roads with nothing in front but they drive on dipped beam. Don't the stupid feckers want to see all of the road???
    It also means it's harder for anyone following the numpty to overtake as they can't see the road in front.
    I’m one of the 'STUPID FECKERS' then as when I am out in the car at night i will mostly drive with dipped beam unless the road is particularly tight/twisty/****ty. Reason being one related to contrast in light levels. Flicking your main beams on and off all the time when oncoming traffic approaches makes your eyes work harder due to the continuing changes in light levels and contrast between super bright (when cars come towards you) to being pitch black again once passed. In case any of you were wondering it is actually the contrast between the oncoming lights and darker surrounds that gives the impression of being 'dazzled' or being temporarily blinded.

If you want to over take me it’s your responsibility to do so in a safe place and in a safe manor - i shouldn’t have to light the road with my main beams. : :-*

3. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Banned
    My mates dad gave up driving at night because he was having difficulties with his eyes. He didn't feel safe. :-*

4. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny

+1
    and drivers who have there rear fog lights on in the heavy rain aswell, more difficult to tell when the brake lights come on

5. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Diamond Member

The Highway Code
    Driving in adverse weather conditions (226-237)

This Highway Code applies to England, Scotland and Wales. The Highway Code is essential reading for everyone.

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

[Law RVLR regs 25 & 27]

6. Re: Drivers without lights 
    And is it just me, or are more drivers happy to drive at night with only one dipped headlight, meaning they go from full beam to **** all at the flick of their switch???
    I thought it was illegal but I guess not????

Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?