Notices

Thread: Drivers without lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Drivers without lights 
    Diamond Member
    Driving today in the bad weather I observed a number of drivers today not using dipped headlights.

The problem occurs when the heavy rain mixed with spray like today, reduces visability & you can't see the tailights in front of you. When I got passed the cars the vast majority relied on LED lights & nothing else, great if they are behind you.

Those LED car lights should be used inconjunction with the rear lights. Most modern cars have a seperate Brake light so I don't see why not

2. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Nearly as bad as those who drive round with their foglights on, or the popular sidelight/foglight combo, wtf is that about? :-?

3. Re: Drivers without lights 
    We should be like Sweden, our sidelights should come on when we start the car and ideally all cars are fitted with sensors so there's no need to remember to turn mainbeam on when light becomes poor or it's dark.
    It's Lilac... not pink!

4. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wesrrw
    Nearly as bad as those who drive round with their foglights on, or the popular sidelight/foglight combo, wtf is that about? :-?
    I don't mate : :

Volvo's yes exactly like Volvo's. They had the "Bright" idea years ago. Whoever, thought putting white LED "only" on the front....? DOH....!

5. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Strangely...i saw a volvo in all that water and rain today with NO lights on. :-?
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

6. Re: Drivers without lights 
    I really don't get why people drive without any lights on in bad weather conditions..........it doesn't really help your own visibility but by god it makes a hell of a difference to other road users......the amount of people with no lights on this morning was staggering !!!

7. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Agree in bad weather but in daylight? If all cars had them on during daylight then wouldn't we as bikers blend in more with our lights on and be harder to spot by oncoming traffic? Bad weather yes but leave them off when weathers good so bikes can be seen easier
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

8. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieD
    We should be like Sweden, our sidelights should come on when we start the car and ideally all cars are fitted with sensors so there's no need to remember to turn mainbeam on when light becomes poor or it's dark.
    Sorry Jackie, that's precisely what we don't want, Dan's alluded to why (and people like MAG are fighting proposals for it) - we'd just blend into the traffic and disappear we're invisible enough to most dopey morons in cars already and if our one main distinguishing feature is lost amongst all the other road users.... We're doomed, doomed I tell ye!

Some have asked why so many so many car drivers don't put their headlights on in poor weather... I'll spell it out for you: IT'S BECAUSE THEY ARE ****ING STUPID! >
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

9. Re: Drivers without lights 
    oooh feeling all chuffed cause someone agreed with me for a change ;D
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

10. Re: Drivers without lights 
    Banned
    I agree with Scotty.