Notices

Thread: Help settle the great debate! Brew making

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Why do people always ask if i milk the pot? Its a stupid question, i don't milk the pot as i'm not a dick.
    Jury's still out on that one! ;D

2. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1349273686/13#13 date=1349283005][quote author=monday21 link=1349273686/12#12 date=1349282282]

I drink coffee! ;D
    My kettle has a setting for coffee. It doesn't boil it as apparently boiling water gives coffee a burnt taste.
    Complete waste of money as I don't drink coffee. I only bought it because it matches the toaster [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Ye that’s right Dan – coffee don’t taste very nice when you get that burnt taste in your mouth.

I’m shocked I thought it was only frustrated women and posers who cared about matching kettles and toasters. ;D ;D ;D
    [/quote]
    Frustrated posers are the worst!

3. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Water first , let it stand for a while , drop of milk job done

4. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Water in first and it needs to be builders tea (no sugar) something like Yorkshire tea. The fairtrade stuff is rubbish. Yuk

5. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Alex's guide to making tea and coffee

tea - teabag > sugar (if desired) > boiling hot water > milk (how much depends on one's personal preference)

instant coffee - coffee granuals > sugar (if desired) > milk (how much depends on one's personal preference) > Hot water

fancy coffee machine jobby - sugar (if desired) > milk (how much depends on one's personal preference) > coffee/Hot Water

6. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Quote Originally Posted by A13X4ND7A
    Alex's guide to making tea and coffee

tea - teabag > sugar (if desired) > boiling hot water > milk (how much depends on one's personal preference)

instant coffee - coffee granuals > sugar (if desired) > [s]milk [/s] water (how much depends on one's personal preference) > [s]Hot water[/s] milk
    fancy coffee machine jobby - sugar (if desired) > milk (how much depends on one's personal preference) > coffee/Hot Water
    nearly right love !

7. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportster883

nearly right love !
    Not nearly, thats how I will always make it, and if anyone comes to my house and doesnt like it like that... tough, dont ask for a drink next time :

8. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportster883
    [quote author=A13X4ND7A link=1349273686/24#24 date=1349356316]Alex's guide to making tea and coffee

instant coffee - coffee granuals > sugar (if desired) > [s]milk [/s] water (how much depends on one's personal preference) > [s]Hot water[/s] milk
    nearly right love ![/quote]

He had it right the first time. Milk first helps protect the coffee if the water is too hot so it doesn't get burnt taste 8-)
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

9. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    If you follow the common method these days of brewing in the cup then you add milk once you have brewed the tea and removed the tea bag. If you make proper tea in a pot then you put milk in the cup first and add tea once it has brewed in the pot.

Whichever way you make it tea has to be made with boiling water and allowed to brew. My best cuppa of the day comes from my teasmade.

10. Re: Help settle the great debate! Brew making 
    Teasmade. Is that what you call your wife/partner?