Notices

Thread: Death penalty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Death penalty 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    [quote author=monday21 link=1344634642/18#18 date=1345061243]Worth mentioning that the UK could not reintroduce capital punishment and remain a member state of the EU.

In the European Union member states, Article 2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union prohibits the use of capital punishment.

It's well documented on here that I'm not a big fan of the EU in its current form, but at least they got this right. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ummmm run this crap by me again Ken in light of April Jones likely outcome ........[/quote]

It may be crap to you Col, but I respect your opposing opinion of which you are entitled to.

I am outraged and lost for words over this alleged horrific crime, but I stand by my view that there is no place for the death penalty in a civilised society.

I can’t begin to imagine what her family must be going through right now. :'( :'(

Whoever is found guilty of committing this alleged murder, he/she should spend the rest of their days behind bars. Life should mean life in such instances.

I won't allow emotional blackmail to cloud my mind on such important issues. As I have stated in the past, it is difficult to engage in a rational debate on such matters in the wake of a tragic death like this.

2. Re: Death penalty 
    Good you can pay my share of this scums upkeep as I don't want to 'contribute' any longer to this 'life' system---Thanks I'll let HMRC know
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Death penalty 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Good you can pay my share of this scums upkeep as I don't want to 'contribute' any longer to this 'life' system---Thanks I'll let HMRC know
    While you are at it would you please ask them on my behalf if I can opt out of my contributions to the wars, bank bail-outs and so on.

Time for a pint and a chill buddy 8-)

4. Re: Death penalty 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Col link=1344634642/27#27 date=1349550022][quote author=monday21 link=1344634642/18#18 date=1345061243]Worth mentioning that the UK could not reintroduce capital punishment and remain a member state of the EU.

In the European Union member states, Article 2 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union prohibits the use of capital punishment.

It's well documented on here that I'm not a big fan of the EU in its current form, but at least they got this right. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ummmm run this crap by me again Ken in light of April Jones likely outcome ........[/quote]

It may be crap to you Col, but I respect your opposing opinion of which you are entitled to.

I am outraged and lost for words over this alleged horrific crime, but I stand by my view that there is no place for the death penalty in a civilised society.

I can’t begin to imagine what her family must be going through right now. :'( :'(

Whoever is found guilty of committing this alleged murder, he/she should spend the rest of their days behind bars. Life should mean life in such instances.

I won't allow emotional blackmail to cloud my mind on such important issues. As I have stated in the past, it is difficult to engage in a rational debate on such matters in the wake of a tragic death like this.[/quote]

I'd argue the opposite, there is a place for the death penalty in a modern and civilised society. If by their own admission they have committed such a heinous crime, then put them to death by a painful method. There is no argument against if they admit it, and there is no rehabilitation, why do you think the death sentence is NEVER appropriate?

5. Re: Death penalty 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Col link=1344634642/31#31 date=1349551278]Good you can pay my share of this scums upkeep as I don't want to 'contribute' any longer to this 'life' system---Thanks I'll let HMRC know
    While you are at it would you please ask them on my behalf if I can opt out of my contributions to the wars, bank bail-outs and so on.

Time for a pint and a chill buddy 8-)[/quote]

stepped on a toe have I laddie ;D ;D ;D ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: Death penalty 
    Diamond Member
    Not my toes Col – you know me, happy to debate till the proverbial cows come home.

Mitch, I have already set out my arguments against the death penalty on this thread. I do not believe that anyone, including a judge acting on behalf of the state, should have the right to take a life.

You are advocating putting a murderer to death by a painful method, yet you talk of a civilised society. Sorry, but I’m unable to “square the circle here.” The adoption of such a punishment by the state is no different from a criminal inflicting physical violence against a victim. In such circumstances therefore, all moral clear water between the state and the criminal would disappear.

7. Re: Death penalty 
    Platinum Member
    These people 'get off' on the crimes they have committed, replaying over in their heads what they have done, over and over. Stop their enjoyment immediately, by ceasing this brain function, perhaps lobotomy could be an answer.

8. Re: Death penalty 
    camera.op76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    If Mark Bridger is guilty by his own admission, and bearing in mind these sick f0cks get off on the memories they have of commiting these atrocious crimes, then the death penalty is appropriate in these circumstances. These is no moral issue, his life should be ended, by the most painful and foul means possible.
    I agree, word in the media camp is the Police found the poor lil mite on Tuesday in the river, by the time recovery teams had got there, she's been washed out to sea/estury. Hence the search being concentrated on the river in the hope she'll be washed back in... if you didn't read it in the news or on tv - i didn't happen!

:-[