Notices

Thread: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Ouch......... I've watched this throughout the day after watching the sirens scream past our offices this morning, To say after a reflective weekend up at the national memorial to read about someone losing their life through whatever reasons, left me at a distance away with goosebumps, my young daughter travels every day from that point to and from school, as such its s very mixed emotion from here , one of overwhelming relief that my young daughter did not witness whatever happened, but one of deep sadness for the loss suffered by the lady her family and the trauma left behind regardless, surely next time a little tact ?? Anyone searching for info may throw this thread up by pure mistake, I would hope for anyone's sake it doesn't happen to any member of family or friends of the deceased.

May you rest in peace neighbour.

2. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Platinum Member
    Very sad
    R.I.P.

3. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Very sad news

4. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie

Re-read my first post and youll see i assumed it was not suicide as there is no mention of it in the report as you say - assumed she either tried getting across the track on foot or was stood past the painted line on the platform.
    I stand corrected. You made up something else first before you then assumed it was suicide.

My views on your comments stay the same. I suspect i'm not the only one.

5. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member
    With no reference to this tragic incident as I am not conversant with the facts, I would imagine that most people who contemplate ending their own lives do so well beyond the “life gets a little difficult” stage.

6. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    With no reference to this tragic incident as I am not conversant with the facts, I would imagine that most people who contemplate ending their own lives do so well beyond the “life gets a little difficult” stage.
    absolutely

7. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Nasty!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?
    I posted it for simple reason I thought it was "News" worthy & I live in the local area. :-X Problem ?

9. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1349783713/19#19 date=1349812164]I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?
    I posted it for simple reason I thought it was "News" worthy & I live in the local area. :-X Problem ?[/quote]

Blind link with no comment from you, of course it was news worthy, it was on a news site.

10. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1349783713/27#27 date=1349855190][quote author=Mitch9128 link=1349783713/19#19 date=1349812164]I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?
    I posted it for simple reason I thought it was "News" worthy & I live in the local area. :-X Problem ?[/quote]

Blind link with no comment from you, of course it was news worthy, it was on a news site.[/quote]

& your point is?