Notices

Thread: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    [quote author=Conehead link=1349783713/4#4 date=1349786969]Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.
    unless the suicide was related to an incurable medical issue - cancer, lukemia, motornurone she still doesnt have my sympathy. Life is what you make of it, too many people are taken by freak accidents in the prime of their life with no explanation while others choose to end theirs because life gets a little difficult.... thats not a good enough reason to me.

Aside from her family and friends who now have to carry on the train driver, any witnesses and the emg services now have to deal with what they have seen too. > very very selfish[/quote]
    I must have missed the bit where it called it suicide!

Just because the police aren't treating it as suspicious doesn't mean it was suicide.

How about waiting to get all the facts before running off at the mouth.

2. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Selfish it might be but some people will do anything to make the pain stop. They don't consider how others are feeling about THEIR pain. Anyway, let's leave the speculation out and concentrate on the facts, eh? :-/
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

3. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1349783713/8#8 date=1349793227][quote author=Conehead link=1349783713/4#4 date=1349786969]Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.
    unless the suicide was related to an incurable medical issue - cancer, lukemia, motornurone she still doesnt have my sympathy. Life is what you make of it, too many people are taken by freak accidents in the prime of their life with no explanation while others choose to end theirs because life gets a little difficult.... thats not a good enough reason to me.

Aside from her family and friends who now have to carry on the train driver, any witnesses and the emg services now have to deal with what they have seen too. > very very selfish[/quote]

Just because the police aren't treating it as suspicious doesn't mean it was suicide.

How about waiting to get all the facts before running off at the mouth.[/quote]

Re-read my first post and youll see i assumed it was not suicide as there is no mention of it in the report as you say - assumed she either tried getting across the track on foot or was stood past the painted line on the platform.

4. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    or maybe just tripped and fell?? as it was said above we know nothing about what happened.....so i would assume nothing at this stage personally....... wait until the facts come out, then cast your judgements i say.

5. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1349783713/8#8 date=1349793227][quote author=Conehead link=1349783713/4#4 date=1349786969]Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.

How about waiting to get all the facts before running off at the mouth.[/quote]

As above I mentioned it MIGHT be suicide and a debate followed from that. I dont think anyone actually assumed it was suicide.

When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

6. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    RIP regardless of who or how.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    RIP regardless of who or how.

BB

Seconded !! :-?

8. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    [quote author=Conehead link=1349783713/4#4 date=1349786969]Thats a bit harsh. We dont know the circumstances and it might have been someone with difficulties and the only way out that they thought they had was suicide. I agree people should use safer methods of crossing tracks but we just dont know and never will. I really do feel for her family and friends and also the driver of the train who is usually forgotten about.

Just as well no-one has to explain themselves to you then isnt it ???

No suicide is as simple as the way you portray it !!!! So until you have walked a mile in the shoes of a person who cant see their way out or whatever reason makes them so low then I suggest you stop being so judgemental !!!!!!!

9. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Geez we have some judgemental "holier than thou" members on here don't we
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Killed by a trian at Trowbridge Platform 
    Platinum Member
    I'd like to question why the OP posted it at all? So what, i could post a hundred articles linking to a tragic death today, what was the point?