Notices

Thread: hanging up the leathers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    I went through something similar last year, wasn't enjoying it anymore so gave up and sold my now very much missed and immaculate ZR 7. Three months later and I was starting to miss biking again. Borrowed a mates VFR for the day and felt comfortable Nd happy again straight away. Now ought one and loving it again - restrict myself to nice weather riding (hobby only) and as a result thoroughly enjoy it every time. G out.

Maybe not the same for you but I found that getting a completely different bike and changing habits brought al the fun back. I do miss my ZR 7 though.

2. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    [quote author=whizz1965 link=1349985106/0#0 date=1349985106]Hi all im having an issue with this one...shall i stop biking all together...or do i need a break... just cant seem to find the fun in it at the moment ....any ideas on how to rekindle my interest ...
    Buy a Harley or try fishing!!! you'll soon want to come back to a Sports bike. ;D ;D

Sits back & waits for Harley riders to bite [/quote]

Funny you said that - I was going to suggest the same but with a different ending - get off the sportsbike and open up some new challenges and horizons as yet untouched due to being in the foetal position all the time ;D ;D

3. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Banned
    Take up green laneing
    I used to have an old Honda XL250S and had so much fun getting it covered in mud.

4. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1349985106/19#19 date=1350045403][quote author=whizz1965 link=1349985106/0#0 date=1349985106]Hi all im having an issue with this one...shall i stop biking all together...or do i need a break... just cant seem to find the fun in it at the moment ....any ideas on how to rekindle my interest ...
    Buy a Harley or try fishing!!! you'll soon want to come back to a Sports bike. ;D ;D

Sits back & waits for Harley riders to bite [/quote]

Funny you said that - I was going to suggest the same but with a different ending - get off the sportsbike and open up some new challenges and horizons as yet untouched due to being in the foetal position all the time ;D ;D[/quote]

My last bike was a swap to a sportsbike - had loads of touring style bikes which just weren't doing it for me and now love my little GSXR 750

5. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellybambam
    £20 says you don't. Tell ya what. Don't sell the bike. Bring that lovely yellow Duc over to my place and leave it with me in the garage. I'll look after it until you want it back.....all of about a week. I dare you...
    Or it can join my Honda's for a while, I'd make sure it was ridden nice and regular to keep it in top condition :P

It's actually a good suggestion - make it so you can ride for a while (or just ban yourself from riding for a few months) and the biking love will come back!
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Some great ideas there, I'd go for a small fry road bike and have a hoot on the road and/or a street legal off roader and play down the byways

Guarantee both will have you smiling

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Just man-up Neil and stop bloody navel-gazing!
    Get an off-roader and come green landing with us, it's a hoot. ;D I'm still limping as proof of that :

Regarding the suggestion to go for a bike trip, remember that he has a Ducati so it'd be a fairly brief trip... (Cue predictable response from a certain other Ducati owner...) ;D ;D ;D
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Track day? It's off road but in a good way!

Stu 8-)
    Anyone fancy a pint?

9. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    don't use it for work and leave it for weekends and make it about the grin factor, won't be long before your living on it again
    i use my gpz500 mostly everyday for work and have done for the past 5 1/2 years..still enjoy riding it,helps that i have a good ride to/from work..plus i have gpz1100 and vz800 which provide a bit of variety..maybe if you only have one bike the answer is to get a 2nd,different bike..just a thought..
    ride to work,work to live,live to ride

10. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    I had the blues before I chopped in my GS500, was getting very bored of it and wanted to call it a day.
    Took the XJ6 for a demo ride at the bike show and knew it would keep me happy.
    Now own my dream bike as well but I remember picking up the YBR from Goldie and loved riding that home, bike screaming and stupid lean angles on bicycle tyres!!

You will find your rhythm again Neil and I am sure a different type of bike will help you to reinvigorate the experience.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/