Notices

Thread: hanging up the leathers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Errr no, I have to overtake you at least once...that will make me feel better lol

2. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    don't do it, we'll eventually get a sunny day and you'll be reaching for your lid

3. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    2 words...naked bike.
    Deffo - I picked up a little MT03 last year to use on wet days and can't keep off the thing, poor gixers don't see the road much.

Not really a naked bike but ........... I also have a 1973 Yam step thru, handpainted, terrible lights, the bounciest suspension I've ever tried and pitiful brakes. It's an absolute hoot, I live on the edge of the New Forest which is a 40 limit and often spend an hour bouncing around the lanes trying to hang onto every last mph, peering into the gloom for horse **** on the road, etc. Even better when get to take on a 'yoof' on a modern 'ped, transported right back to my teens on a AP50

Try something else, don't get rid of your current bike, it will only make you appreciate it more

4. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Just stop thinking about it so much. Then you might start to enjoy it again

5. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    don't use it for work and leave it for weekends and make it about the grin factor, won't be long before your living on it again
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

6. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Platinum Member
    If you ride in all weathers, stop now, it takes the joy out biking. Just ride when it's dry, and the mood takes you, you'll get the buzz back soon enough when you do ride.

7. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by kdxgsxmt
    [quote author=Dabz link=1349985106/4#4 date=1349985702]2 words...naked bike.
    Deffo - I picked up a little MT03 last year to use on wet days and can't keep off the thing, poor gixers don't see the road much.

Not really a naked bike but ........... I also have a 1973 Yam step thru, handpainted, terrible lights, the bounciest suspension I've ever tried and pitiful brakes. It's an absolute hoot, I live on the edge of the New Forest which is a 40 limit and often spend an hour bouncing around the lanes trying to hang onto every last mph, peering into the gloom for horse **** on the road, etc. Even better when get to take on a 'yoof' on a modern 'ped, transported right back to my teens on a AP50

Try something else, don't get rid of your current bike, it will only make you appreciate it more
    [/quote]

Yep

Naked bikes all the way. MT-03 looks great but if you want fun,sound and a smile when you open the throttle go for an MT-01 (big v-twin fun that can go around corners and accelerate like you know what off a shovel)

8. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Quote Originally Posted by whizz1965
    Hi all im having an issue with this one...shall i stop biking all together...or do i need a break... just cant seem to find the fun in it at the moment ....any ideas on how to rekindle my interest ...
    I've felt like that several times in the past and it accounts for why I've had so many bikes!

I've also had several breaks because I've lost interest but I can never get it out of the system.

For me getting a new bike is often the answer - makes it exciting again.

I've also found doing advanced rider training has made riding much more fun again.

9. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    to go against the grain

I hung my leathers up this year and haven't looked back since!
    Replaced the road riding with Trials riding, totally off road, mainly practice ground and a few events and am having the most fun on a motorbike that i have experienced for a few years.
    I had been riding on the road since 98 and had some cracking times, but over the last few years found that i was more concious of speed traps/cameras, other road users and generally not enjoying the little time i got on my bike.

Now i look forward to the weekends, ride almost every weekend and mid week in the summer eve's, not worried about the bike getting scratched or caked in crud and am learning a totally new set of skills on a motorbike (not really transferable to road riding) and since starting both my kids have also started to ride, so I get another buzz of seeing them having a great time as well

10. Re: hanging up the leathers 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whizz1965
    Hi all im having an issue with this one...shall i stop biking all together...or do i need a break... just cant seem to find the fun in it at the moment ....any ideas on how to rekindle my interest ...
    Buy a Harley or try fishing!!! you'll soon want to come back to a Sports bike. ;D ;D

Sits back & waits for Harley riders to bite