Hi everyone,

My sister recently colapsed and was paralised down her left side as well as going blind in her left eye.
The doctors diagnosed a severe migraine and sent her home saying there was no way it could be a stroke because of her age.

My parents weren't happy with this so demanded an MRI scan which had a 6 week waiting list so they paid £300 to have one done.
It showed she'd had 4 strokes and later found out this was caused by a hole in her heart. 1 in 4 people have a hole on their heart apparently and migraines are a sign.

We were all understandably shocked that this could happen to someone so young and have since found out it is actually quite common. I've just found out the exact same thing happened to a friend of mine a few weeks earlier.

Anyway, i'm just posting this to make as many people aware as I dred to think what may have happened had we not pushed the RUH for an MRI and if our GP hadn't been so persistent in having her heart checked.
I would hate for someone else to have to go through the same thing and was shocked by how dismissive the RUH were. The nursing staff were amazing btw. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]