Notices

Thread: Tragic deaths

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Banned
    Beamer they are public servants and therefore knowing this it should not effect them whether or not people give a toss. Do you think traffic wardens care what people think about them?
    Surely no one would take on a job without first checking the pay and the risks involved in it??? So saying they are not paid enough to do their job is daft.

In reality what are my chances of coming up against a 'psychopath' with a gun??
    Maybe more so if the police are given guns. I wonder how many people will apply to be a police officer because they like the idea of being armed??

2. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Sorry but what you are saying is that just in case they are confronted with a psychopath who has set a trap to kill police officers that every police officer in Britain should carry a gun. Don't you think that is an over the top reaction?

Do you want this country to be like every other one with police brutality as the norm?
    Thanks but I don't want to live in a police state.
    I prefer our public servants as they are.
    Whilst we're on the subject of over-the-top reactions...

How many of the other nations that arm their Police are actually police states? Would you use that tag to describe the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Canada, Australia...?

Try actually reading what I wrote - did I actually advocate whole scale arming of the Police? No I didn't, did I? I simply said that I wouldn't be bothered if they were armed. Try taking your head out of your arse, you'll be able to read more clearly... :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Banned
    I wouldn't have much faith in the police helping me even if they did have guns.

Police refuse to save drowning man due to lack of training

30 July 2012

Police officers refused to get into the water to save a man drowning in a London canal because they had not had the right training, an inquest heard.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...g-7986969.html
    I don't know about the canals in London but the Kennet and Avon is only about 4' deep.

Anyway I'm not anti-police but I am anti-guns.
    The less the better.

4. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Whilst we're on the subject of over-the-top reactions...

How many of the other nations that arm their Police are actually police states? Would you use that tag to describe the USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Canada, Australia...?

Try actually reading what I wrote - did I actually advocate whole scale arming of the Police? No I didn't, did I? I simply said that I wouldn't be bothered if they were armed. Try taking your head out of your arse, you'll be able to read more clearly... :
    As I see it those two WPC's were just normal police officers going about their duty, so by reading what you wrote then yes you did advocate whole scale arming of the Police.

As for police states I would put USA as well on it's way to becoming one.
    As for heads and arses you're a fine one to talk ;D

5. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    I wouldn't have much faith in the police helping me even if they did have guns.

30 July 2012

Police officers refused to get into the water to save a man drowning in a London canal because they had not had the right training, an inquest heard.
    I don't know about the canals in London but the Kennet and Avon is only about 4' deep.

The less the better.
    I wouldn't have gone in to save a drugged up bozo intent on killing himself either. You're putting yourself at risk in doing so. 9pm on an evening they wouldn't have been able to see him once under the water anyway.

On the link, the last sentence from the coroner is:

“under the circumstances they did everything that was possible”.

There's always a second side to the story to balance the first.

6. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    It is a position shared by the Police Superintendents' Association and the Association of Chief Police Officers.
    The British public are not nearly so unanimous.
    Personally I'd leave it to those who've been in the job for deacdes and know what they are talking about, rather than leaving it to Jo public to decide.

It's very easy to get emotive from reading one story in the media, but Jo public doesn't have much of a clue about the pros and cons of carrying weapons.

Well said however I would say bring back hanging.

7. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Platinum Member
    2 young women were murdered, the gang were carrying and used grenades, i doubt handguns would have been any use at all. RIP to the 2 young officers.

8. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    2 young women were murdered, the gang were carrying and used grenades, i doubt handguns would have been any use at all. RIP to the 2 young officers.
    +1

9. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Swanny link=1348082064/22#22 date=1348167048]I wouldn't have much faith in the police helping me even if they did have guns.

30 July 2012

The less the better.
    I wouldn't have gone in to save a drugged up bozo intent on killing himself either. You're putting yourself at risk in doing so. 9pm on an evening they wouldn't have been able to see him once under the water anyway.

There's always a second side to the story to balance the first.[/quote]

There was a time an ordinary 'Joe Bloggs' would help out another person if they needed it but with so many people on drugs, out of their head drinking etc etc, it just doesnt happen anymore because they are too unpredictable, they have no idea of the consequences of their actions because of the substances they choose to put in their bodies and so we just leave it for the police to sort it 'cos thats their job' but when the police need backing everyone blames them if it goes wrong. Police do not have enough power anymore to do the job they are paid for and are at risk as soon as they put that uniform on........ I am in awe of the boys and girls in blue 'cos they get 'it' from both angles and are damned if they do and damned if they don't !!

10. Re: Tragic deaths 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Swanny link=1348082064/22#22 date=1348167048]I wouldn't have much faith in the police helping me even if they did have guns.

30 July 2012

The less the better.

There's always a second side to the story to balance the first.[/quote]
    I hope that if I'm ever in the situation that I might be able to save another humans life I at least give it ago