Notices

Thread: Why are our soldiers dying??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Banned
    Just in case you didn't know it was for the oil.

Did John Bolton Just Admit All These Wars Are For Oil?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFbpKKOEnAE[/media]

2. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Platinum Member
    Is anyone not aware that Iraq was for oil and Afghanistan for gas?

3. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Banned
    Afghanistan also has massive reserves of Lithium

An internal Pentagon memo, for example, states that Afghanistan could become the "Saudi Arabia of lithium," a key raw material in the manufacture of batteries for laptops and Blackberries.

The vast scale of Afghanistan's mineral wealth was discovered by a small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists. The Afghan government and President Hamid Karzai were recently briefed, American officials said.

While it could take many years to develop a mining industry, the potential is so great that officials and executives in the industry believe it could attract heavy investment even before mines are profitable, providing the possibility of jobs that could distract from generations of war.

4. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by porkies
    Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.
    What war were we fighting in the 1920s?

6. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=porkies link=1350566756/3#3 date=1350570004]Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.
    What war were we fighting in the 1920s?[/quote]

Afghans fighting for independence from us for the first time, funnily enough.

Also Dan, rattling the respec' our troops line out is just what the gubbermint want, we don't question their motives. Bringing our troops home is the best way to respect them, not sending them to die for oil.

7. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Very emotive subject fellas, you still have several serving personnel within WB, some of whom are either in theatre or just about to go (again!). Please just think before posting.
    Thank you,

Stu
    Anyone fancy a pint?

8. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1350566756/4#4 date=1350570763][quote author=porkies link=1350566756/3#3 date=1350570004]Lithium....not a new discovery in Stan...as for the title??? our lads and lasses are losing their lives doing there job, what ever reason anyone believes why they are their, there must be a degree of respect for them doing the job they do and signing their life away, if it wasn't for this mentality back during the 1920's i'd probably be speaking German now.
    What war were we fighting in the 1920s?[/quote]

Afghans fighting for independence from us for the first time, funnily enough.

Also Dan, rattling the respec' our troops line out is just what the gubbermint want, we don't question their motives. Bringing our troops home is the best way to respect them, not sending them to die for oil.[/quote]
    I never knew the Afghans spoke German Learning all the time.......

9. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Platinum Member
    The Mayans were in on it too.

10. Re: Why are our soldiers dying?? 
    Fair point Stu, no disrespect meant i know its not easy.
    Mitch, i do respect friends i've left behind and friends still in, not asking for anyone to be sent needlessly to their end.
    Dan, as mitch said afghan an the german was reference people banding together for WWI & WWII, my fault for not making it clearer but some do speak german as well as russian...
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....