Notices

Thread: "You'll never live like common people"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. "You'll never live like common people" 
    Diamond Member
    Retired people should be encouraged to do community work such as caring for the "very old" or face losing some of their pension, a peer has suggested.
    Lord Bichard, a former benefits chief, said "imaginative" ideas were needed to meet the cost of an ageing society. The peer is a member of a committee investigating demographic changes and their impact on public services.
    And although such a move might be controversial, it would stop older people being a "burden on the state". (that's me) > > >

Despite the fact that I’ve worked all my life and contributed to the state coffers for 51years I’ll still be a burden on society if I live long enough to retire at 67.

I guess it was too much to expect that a “F**king Pleb” like me would be allowed to spend his twilight years enjoying riding his motorcycle around the countryside. :-?

I suppose I could ‘play the system,’ have a sidecar fitted and ferry a “very old” person for his/her weekly shop, thus fulfilling entitlement criteria to receive my own money back.

Alternatively, I could see out my retirement in Rome, where I would probably gain more respect. :P

2. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Platinum Member
    Logans run had it nailed with carousel, anyone over 65...*zap*

3. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Ken you really need to stop listening to radio 2.

4. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Makes ya larf really cos loads of us have given up smokes cos too dear and the health and vitality wet weekenders were bleating on how bad for health it is

now they are wittering about an increased aged population ...they even kicked us out of pubs of which many have closed again losing jobs and tax revenue ;D

See the loons want to tax alcohol higher too---ok in city/town clubs /pubs on Fri/Sat night but not us oldies that just like a pint or 15 ... need somat to ease the pain of the lunatic world and tosh variae

There we were happily unselfishly slowly killing ourselves and croaking it early plus creating great employment and paying tax only to be told we're now a 'burden' ffs!!!!!!!...... wankers...I want me bus pass and free stuff when I retire --- and I want it for many years to come cos I is a new healthy long lived non smoker :P

tax the young I say ;D :-*

I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Ken you really need to stop listening to radio 2.
    How do you know I heard this on radio 2? ;D

6. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1351101009/2#2 date=1351114780]Ken you really need to stop listening to radio 2.
    How do you know I heard this on radio 2? ;D[/quote]
    Because I nearly threw my radio at the wall when I heard that pompous prick going on. It didn't help that Vanessa "shh everyone i'm talking now" Feltz is presenting.

7. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Saw a woman on Watchdog last night complaining about utility bill costs. Single mum with four kids and a very nice flat screen tv on the wall. Makes you wonder what you are working for/towards >

8. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Ken you do know that this guy is on £120k a year and will retire on pretty similar figures.
    I think he is a bigger drain on society than the so called 'very old'.

Another scumbag politician who needs to resign!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    Logans run had it nailed with carousel, anyone over 65...*zap*
    Haha that was great
    But it wasn't 65

The citizens live a mostly hedonistic lifestyle but have been told that in order to maintain the city, every resident must undergo the ritual of "Carrousel" at the age of 30
    WB forum would be rather quiet if they bring this in

10. Re: "You'll never live like common people" 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Saw a woman on Watchdog last night complaining about utility bill costs. Single mum with four kids and a very nice flat screen tv on the wall. Makes you wonder what you are working for/towards >
    I'm a single mother of 3 kids and I've got a flat screen TV :-?
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”