Notices

Thread: Have a rant....!!!!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Banned
    It's not any better over there
    http://video.news.com.au/?2243051429

A MINI-TORNADO has ripped through suburban Perth, ripping down powerlines and trees and leaving a trail of damage.

Several reports on Twitter described the storm as a "small tornado''. It is believed the destructive winds centred on Light St, Dianella and Alexander Drive, and hit around midday WA time.
    Power has since been restored in most homes.
    A real estate office and video store on Walter Rd, Morley, has been damaged with the roof torn off and one wall collapsed.
    Nobody was injured in the building collapse. Several cars may also have been damaged.
    The Bureau of Meteorology confirmed that a "tornado'' was reported in the Tuart Hill/Morley/Dianella area just after midday.

At 12.45pm (WST) the storm that produced this tornado was in the vicinity of Bickley and moving to the southeast.

Another tornado has been reported near York at around 12.30pm.The bureau also issued a severe thunderstorm warning for the area.
    Thunderstorm Warning
    Warning: "For destructive winds and heavy rainfall In near or between a line Jurien Bay to Beacon to Corrigin to Bunbury to Jurien Bay, including York, Mandurah and the Perth metropolitan area.

"A low pressure system to the southwest of Perth is producing showers and thunderstorms over the southwest of the State with isolated dangerous that could cause significant damage to homes and property. Showers and thunderstorms may also cause heavy rainfall that may cause flash flooding during this afternoon.''

The tornado has ripped powerlines and trees down on Morley Drive between Alexander Drive and Camboon and Wellington Roads.
    Western Power crews are on site and are currently assessing the damage.

Approximately 5000 thousand customers have been blacked out and Western Power will be seeking to restore their power as soon as possible.

People are urged to stay away from any fallen power lines and report any damage to 13 13 51.
    Trees have also been brought down along Alexander Drive.
    Police and emergency services are on site directing traffic.

Drivers are strongly advised to avoid the area if possible.

Other roads in and around the Dianella/Morley area may also have debris or water over the road so drivers are asked to reduce their speed and exercise caution through the area.

And New Zealand's south island is covered in snow

2. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!! >

3. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Platinum Member
    I think I'll stay here then!

4. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Banned
    Yet another beautiful day in sunny paradise 8-)

5. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    I don't mind the rain, but this sodding wind can get lost!
    It is turning roads into obstacle courses with branches everywhere, I moved 6 this morning and I am sure there are plenty more about!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

6. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Driving through the wall of spray on the M4 yesterday, the car drivers who deemed sidelights sufficient to make themselves seen (wake up muppets, they're only supposed to be use when stationary!) and worse still, the Darwin Award candidates without lights on at all. The only thing I could see in my mirrors were headlights in the gloom, and I dare say the truckers had no better visibility in their mirrors... >
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Can I have a rant at the driver who drove into the back of my car.... that started a roll of events.

whiplash.....house move taking forever.....built in fridge stopped working.......got shingles.......phone broke. All in 4 weeks!

But to be fair ... I now have a new 2012 Hyundai i10 and a new Samsung Galaxy Ace2. And will soon be moving to a new house in Swindon!

8. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Now just for that lottery win!
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

9. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Banned
    Totally pissed off with this weather >

10. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Driving through the wall of spray on the M4 yesterday, the car drivers who deemed sidelights sufficient to make themselves seen (wake up muppets, they're only supposed to be use when stationary!) and worse still, the Darwin Award candidates without lights on at all. The only thing I could see in my mirrors were headlights in the gloom, and I dare say the truckers had no better visibility in their mirrors... >
    Got to agree with you there >
    Had to travel to Cheltenham this morning and very much the same.
    I am still wringing out the sodden bikewear.
    Forecast is for much more rain in June too