Notices

Thread: Have a rant....!!!!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias5571
    Was going up the a34 in the outside lane at the same speed as the inside lane bacause of traffic, when a brand spanking transporter with a 30 foot boat on the back started pulling in to my lane nearly knocking me off. I subsiquently kicked his door, accidently shattering his window. ohh well!
    Then you need to learn how to ride!

2. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    [quote author=Tobias5571 link=1338363480/111#111 date=1345666600]Was going up the a34 in the outside lane at the same speed as the inside lane bacause of traffic, when a brand spanking transporter with a 30 foot boat on the back started pulling in to my lane nearly knocking me off. I subsiquently kicked his door, accidently shattering his window. ohh well!
    Then you need to learn how to ride! [/quote] explaination please???? It was at the end of the a34 where the traffic was starting to build and the road splits into pre advised lanes.

3. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    I guessing you were up behind the vehicle infront, the vehicle behind was right up your arse, transporter to your left, curb/barrier to your right.

You've effictively boxed yourself in and riding at a constant speed in the transporters blind spot.
    When riding on the motorway or dual carriageway only pass a vehicle if you can get completely past it.

Obviously the driver has a duty to check the outside lane is clear before pulling into it but being in the right counts for nothing when you've got a 30ft boat sticking out of your arse.

Defensive riding = a much longer life.

4. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    People who get some damn uptight on the roads and treat them as battle fields.

Blimey its no wonder we have so many crashes.

If some people just had a wee bit of patience and consideration the roads would be much nicer and safer place.

5. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    I guessing you were up behind the vehicle infront, the vehicle behind was right up your arse, transporter to your left, curb/barrier to your right.

You've effictively boxed yourself in and riding at a constant speed in the transporters blind spot.
    When riding on the motorway or dual carriageway only pass a vehicle if you can get completely past it.

Obviously the driver has a duty to check the outside lane is clear before pulling into it but being in the right counts for nothing when you've got a 30ft boat sticking out of your arse.

Defensive riding = a much longer life.
    Actualy I was on the inside lane. And I was right in sight of the driver, so before you come out with your bul**** assumption and critisism please dont just assume that everybody is less capable of reading the road than you as I guess you are a perfect rider. I did nearly 50,000 bike miles in the last year rain or shine. I am VERY capable of reading the road, so please find another way to put the fault to me.......

Sorry to everybody else. But it clearly states "have a rant" :-)

6. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Ps, sorry if I was a little tough. Had a bad day :-( "ride on"

7. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    I think you need to read your original post young man. You clearly state you were in the outside lane matching the speed of the traffic in the inside lane.
    Did this really happen or was it a bad dream you had?

How's that for finding another way to fault you? ;D

8. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    RANT from yesterday. Highways Agency & matrix signs.

M4 westbound yesterday Swindon area. Sign say Slow 50mph fair enough. Then a little further along the road the Highways agency sat in the middle lane doing 30mph causing a rolling road block.

The Police had pulled over a car & trailer on the hard shoulder could see anything worn with the car or trailer so why the rolling road block.....

In addition why do people slow down to 70mph (yes I know it's the speed limit before you start) :P

They panic thinking they are the Police, they can't issue you a ticket for speeding.

While I'm on it. Rubber neckers > make me angry.

Rant over that feels better

9. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    While I'm on it. Rubber neckers > make me angry.
    I like a good gawp as and when ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: Have a rant....!!!! 
    I think you need to read your original post young man. You clearly state you were in the outside lane matching the speed of the traffic in the inside lane.
    Did this really happen or was it a bad dream you had?

How's that for finding another way to fault you? ;D

Jepp your clearly right. i take it all back sir i meant opposite so sorry for that but i did feel better after a release of energy that day