Quote Originally Posted by Tina
[quote author=dan_geoghegan link=1352490872/4#4 date=1352661417]You can save the speech Gooz. Yesterday I ran 11k with a busted knee and raised over £160. I put a link up to my just giving site on the forum.
Do you know how many forum members donated?
None.
And it's their choice.
Who do we have to thank for having the freedom of choice?
The soldiers that the legion are helping.
These posters go against everything that the legion stood for. Charity is now big business and many people are losing sight of what it's about.

Wear your poppy with pride not guilt.

Please dont take too much offence WB but
1, I do not use credit or debit cards and only deal with cash so am unable to donate to anything online...EVER.
2, I have already paid my money to the charity of MY choice towards todays annual event.
3, I am pleased you did your run, I am sorry you have a broken knee, Im glad you raised such a good amount
BUT
posting up the fact that no-one from the forum donated to your particular way of fund raising sounds like sour grapes to me.
Like you said, we all have a choice......you have no idea where, how or when every other member of the forum donated to the cause.

Soap box removed [/quote]
Wow! Miss the point much?

I clearly stated that freedom of choice is the main point of my post and that I didn't bang on about my run in the way that the RBL posters do about wearing a poppy.
This post is about not being made to feel guilty about not giving to charity yet you have ignored everything I said and tried to manipulate it.
I would be mortified if anyone sponsored me because they felt pressured into it.

I find what you're implying both offensive and baffling as everything I have written points to the contrary.