Notices

Thread: 40mph on rural roads?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Diamond Member
    Double inflation hike in rail fares is hardly going to help to get people out of their cars. :-?

2. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Probably been said already by someone else, but I am very un trusting of 40 mph's being set. I am sure some places they are well meant and needed but if a section of road is set to 40 then it does not require the same level of upkeep / condition so I find it very difficult not to believe that the financial incentive does not come into being in this day of tight budgets...

3. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Banned
    They've just made the road between Holt and Staverton 40mph
    What a waste of time, it's not possible to go any faster even if you wanted to. I also noticed they have put the signs in the hedge, I wonder how the farmer is going to cut the hedge now??

Arseholes

4. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    trucks are restricted by law to 40 in rural/national speed limit roads, .........its downright dangerous !!! and the police would also agree, the amount of times someone has tried to come around me as im holding them an about another 5 up behind me, only to see them almost head on into oncoming beggars beleif, I am more then capable of travelling at the limit, but law prevents it, law put into place many years ago before designs and progress, at 44t I could probably out brake you guys, ............ Ive been pushed along before now by the police............ only to be fined by the camera partnership TW@TS for doing 43 mph in what would have been a 60 for everyone else. slower speeds on any road creates congestion not prevents, anyone travelled up the m42 "missmanaged" motorway lately............... more bollox and wasted money,
    Apparently it works though and is to be rolled out nationally, 3am sunday morning coming home, only me on the road............... whats the speed limit????????????? 40mpfookin hour ???????? wtf absolute ****e, just waiting for me to trigger a gantry camera,

5. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    i don't believe reducing limits will make bugger all difference!!

i feel sorry for truck drivers as i see you lot get abuse by moronic drivers. but its not your fault!!

i dont know much about trucks but im pretty sure the braking systems on modern lorry's are damn capable of hauling you up sharpish.

modern vehicles in general can anchor up pretty swiftly. but alot comes down to the driver/rider being able to judge the speed.conditions ect and being taught how to drive and stop properly

just more political BS. pretty fed up of being dictated to and being forced by the EU and there cronies!

6. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteW4tcher
    ...... but alot comes down to the driver/rider being able to judge the speed.conditions ect and being taught how to drive and stop properly
    and in the perfect world we'd all concentrate on our driving/riding 100% and no one would ever crash....

7. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Diamond Member
    Looks like the 40mph has started. If you know the area, Staverton, near the Nestle Factory just by the traffic lights across the bridge the road splits from the B3105 onto the B3106. At that juncion newly painted on the road 40mph. If you know the road well enough you'd struggle to do 60mph as the road is fairly narrow & floods on a regular basis. :

8. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Looks like the 40mph has started. If you know the area, Staverton, near the Nestle Factory just by the traffic lights across the bridge the road splits from the B3105 onto the B3106. At that juncion newly painted on the road 40mph. If you know the road well enough you'd struggle to do 60mph as the road is fairly narrow & floods on a regular basis. :
    About time a limit was put there. I've been in a car doing 60+ down there and also seen the accidents. Was seen as a challenge in my day....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    [quote author=GixxerStu link=1343940251/26#26 date=1352977250]Looks like the 40mph has started. If you know the area, Staverton, near the Nestle Factory just by the traffic lights across the bridge the road splits from the B3105 onto the B3106. At that juncion newly painted on the road 40mph. If you know the road well enough you'd struggle to do 60mph as the road is fairly narrow & floods on a regular basis. :
    About time a limit was put there. I've been in a car doing 60+ down there and also seen the accidents. Was seen as a challenge in my day....[/quote]

TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!!! god pmsl!!!! wtf!!! this is hysterical ..about time a limit ;D ;D ;D ..gawd I'm dying !!!!

Some underemployed council goon has an idea like 40 years of more modern traffic later to slap a 'help the fookin dimwit' 40 mph on a shyte bit of road----and you say 'about time' :

If anybody knew what they were doing..like 'reading a road..its conditions and layout' there would be no need whatsoever for all these 'help the dim' signs---love the 'bend' ones like on a bend and the random paint writing 'slow' wtf ;D ;D

Seems to me people are actually being brainwashed into accepting these pointless restrictions

In my earlier wittering I mentioned the 30 by the Ollie Cromwell so after the ludicrous limit it then goes to 50 and the very next bend the more useless would have a big problem getting round it at that----but they do yet on a long straight bit it is 30-----land of the illogical land of the useless council workers--read it and weep brethren ;D

Think lorry !! Think fookin overtake
    THINK BIKE !! THINK THROTTLE!!!
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

10. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Ok Col.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"