Notices

Thread: 40mph on rural roads?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Still, they maybe putting more speed limit signs up, but at least they save money by turning the street lights off at night. Twats. Honestly, how much would it cost to make signs warning people they're turning off some of the street lights at night, employing a team to go and erect the signs? How long would the lights have to be out before they start 'saving' money? Twats. >
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

2. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    'save money', the question is

"how many council men does it take to change (remove ) a light bulb"

3. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Cynically, I say alot of these lower speed limits are being lowered because the roads are so poor and it is easier and cheaper to downgrade the limit than surfacing them to a proper standard. Also of course I think even the most niaive of people knows that everyone speeds at sometime but most won't exceed the limit by much so if you want people doing 50 you set it at 40.

40 On rural roads sounds a bit excessive - the A350 now appears to have a 40mph speed limit, set not by the government but road captains who drive at 40-45

4. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie_S
    - the A350 now appears to have a 40mph speed limit, set not by the government but road captains who drive at 40-45
    not when I'm on it honey ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    these limits are imposed as a way of hitting you in the pocket, They are trying to make up so many rules that its very easy to catch you doing something slightly wrong and BAM a fine is in your hand! just take a look at the gatso statistics. where does all that money go?? in their pockets thats where, and it only makes them more greedy. Swindon turning off their cameras is bloody brilliant, Its the one thing I remember upon arriving every time and although I ride cautiously through the town it is a relief to know the pocket paparazzi arn't watching!
    (Probably way off topic now, sorry Able, forgot what the first post said completely now)

6. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Banned
    I agree it's always about the money, they couldn't care less about our safety. That's just an excuse to milk us

7. Re: 40mph on rural roads? 
    Banned
    They've just changed the road from Fiveways to Bradford Leigh from a 60 mph to a 50 mph [smiley=thumbdown.gif]