Notices

Thread: Heartbreaking!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Banned
    They are doing their best as fast as they can. Don't forget the Israelis are the invaders.

2. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Banned
    Israeli F-16 attack destroys Egyptian houses

An Israeli strike destroyed houses on the Egyptian side of the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip Monday.

A security source said that Israeli F-16 fired missiles at tunnels and houses adjacent to the border.

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news...gyptian-houses

3. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Banned

4. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Dr Shlomo Shmelzman, a holocaust survivor living in Israel wrote in an open letter to the Israeli press:

“In my childhood I have suffered fear, hunger and humiliation when I passed from the Warsaw Ghetto, through labour camps, to Buchenwald. I hear too many familiar sounds today, sounds which are being amplified by the war. I hear about ‘closed areas’ and I remember ghettos and camps. I hear ‘two-legged beasts’ and I remember ‘Untermenschen’ [subhumans]. I hear about tightening the siege, clearing the area, pounding the city into submission, and I remember suffering, destruction, death, blood and murder … Too many things in Israel remind me of too many things from my childhood”

Gerry if you think this isn't Genocide, did you know pregnant women and babies are dying at checkpoints. Palestinians are having their homes bulldozed (in some cases while still occupied) so that some fat Aussie can settle on their land. They are housed in closed areas, submitted to constant curfews and human rights abuses - in some cases shot by security forces for failing to submit ID cards. There have been instances of old women being executed while simply trying to get to hospital for chemotherapy treatment. This is an injustice on a scale that shames me as a human being. And still the world does nothing. And, conveniently, Palestine aren't recognised as a "State" by the UN.

5. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    I think Gerry’s attempt at drawing a comparison between which side in the conflict is the most effective in deploying its weaponry, epitomises the West’s lack of understanding of the situation in the region.

If a displaced Palestinian refugee fires a rocket in to Israel he/she is referred to as a ‘Terrorist’. If Israel fires a rocket into a heavy populated residential area in Gaza killing innocent women and children; “As a democratic sovereign state, Israel has the right to defend itself against the threat from terrorists in Gaza.”

6. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Banned
    French resistance fighters would have been called terrorists by the Germans but heros by everyone else.

7. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Platinum Member
    Swanny we could go on forever, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. A sizeable part of my outlaws are from Cork, my father in law regularly used to tell me to tell anyone who asked, i worked for BT, not in the Royal Signals.

8. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Looks like we won't need to drop 'my nuke' on them, they're doing it to themselves!

9. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Squashed.. Welcome back (never thought I’d be saying that)

This place has been soooo boring lately without you, if it wasn’t for Ken & Swanny trying to save the world (on a bike forum) : it would have slipped into a coma.

What we need is a good old row between you and one of your many adversaries on here. Suggested topic titles could be:

Are all track dayers just immature saddos ?

If I ever buy a cruiser - just shoot me !

All helmets over £65.00 are rip offs !

Tasselled waistcoats and patches rule !

Help with changing my tax disc please.

Is Trowbridge the new Beirut ?
    Etc etc…

Over to you mate [smiley=thumbup.gif]

G

10. Re: Heartbreaking!!!! 
    Diamond Member
    Not sure how I'll fare, as I'm a touch out of practice, but here goes....

Are all track dayers just immature saddos ?

Just the ones with 1000cc race rep colour bikes and matching leathers, being overtaken by plain, knackered old CBR400s.

If I ever buy a cruiser - just shoot me !

Gerry, I've heard about your penchant for cruising. I must admit, when I looked it up on the urban dictionary, it wasn't the 2 week boat trip I first assumed - http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...;defid=2580750

All helmets over £65.00 are rip offs !
    Maybe, but Rossi rep ones WILL make you go faster.

Tasselled waistcoats and patches rule !
    I assume this has something to do with your cruising habit? You really ought to stop before you get caught! :P

Help with changing my tax disc please.
    Certainly. Douse yourself in petrol, then using a match to see where you need to unscrew your disc holder, commence removal. Once it's off you then need to AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Is Trowbridge the new Beirut ?

No, you have them the wrong way round. But both could do with nuking.

I hope that suffices for a start? Always happy to help! ;D