Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
[quote author=monday21 link=1353278642/2#2 date=1353308060]“Hundreds of years”? :-?

On May 14, 1948, the Jewish People's Council declared the establishment of the State of Israel
I think what G03 is getting at is since records began it would appear that area of the world has seen rule/leadership change evey 200 years on average each time resulting in wars lasting many years each time and even when the change of rule has happend it still has fleeting invasions. It is probably safe to say the area of modern day Palestine/Israel has never seen more than 20 years at a time of peace where mass blood shed hasnt hapened and probably never will as it houses sacred sites to atleast 5 different religions....[/quote]
You're absolutely right but I can think of very few countries that haven't seen some form of conflict in the last 20 years. Be it an act of terrorism or a 'perfectly legitimate and in no way illegal invasion' of another country.
I imagine there were discussions going on in Israel regarding the British and their constant conflicts in Northern Ireland, The Faulklands, Sierra Leone, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Bosnia..........
'They're always fighting. Don't they want peace?'
I guess it just depends which side of the fence you're sat on and who's feeding you the information