Notices

Thread: Dog attack in Chippenham

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Used to require a license to keep a dog, unless it was a proven working dog. Maybe ought to reinstate it.
    I believe that some parents should have a license to reproduce.
    I don't believe that licenses are the way to go with dogs - I think breeders should properly vet any owners and refuse to sell to those that are inappropriate.

2. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    its a bad sign of the times 'these fighting dogs' are the new legal knife to take around on a lead (or not)
    dog owners should be vetted ! any dog and all tagged. any dog attack should be reported by anyone that comes into contact with a attack, just like a fight in the street.......or the next person bite will be YOU.

Makes me angry,,,,,^&$%* dog owners.
    they just seem to be **** machines worse than them there '**** hoggs' (seaguls).

It makes me cringe when I hear some kid has been attacked. I just want to go on my bike and shot the things (owners and dogs)

ummmmm, I'm now in a calm place , soft and fluffy.
    Rant over, bad spelling says it all....sorry if I offend. If it was a person that walked down the street and just shot people,,,,would you say its because of his parents...? I wouldn't.... :-X

3. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Platinum Member
    I blame the womans contraceptive pill.

4. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128
    I blame the womans contraceptive pill.

I blame anyone who doesn't "wrap & pack it"

No actually I blame the government and the bankers (I think I got the first letter of bankers wrong - DOH!)

5. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    [quote author=Mitch9128 link=1353344955/22#22 date=1353494355]I blame the womans contraceptive pill.

I blame anyone who doesn't "wrap & pack it"

No actually I blame the government and the bankers (I think I got the first letter of bankers wrong - DOH!)[/quote]

No, i meant all those hormones in the water, it has led to a generation of yoofs with small penis' that need a hard dog to protect them. As for pet owners in general, what is missing from their lives that they need 4 legged beasts to converse with?

6. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8_ball
    its a bad sign of the times 'these fighting dogs' are the new legal knife to take around on a lead (or not)
    dog owners should be vetted ! any dog and all tagged. any dog attack should be reported by anyone that comes into contact with a attack, just like a fight in the street.......or the next person bite will be YOU.

Makes me angry,,,,,^&$%* dog owners.
    they just seem to be **** machines worse than them there '**** hoggs' (seaguls).

It makes me cringe when I hear some kid has been attacked. I just want to go on my bike and shot the things (owners and dogs)

Dogs are good in the right hands.

Personally some of the individuals I have met recently with dogs I wouldn't put them in charge of themselves (they have the intellectual quotient of about 60) bearing in mind that an imbiscile would be above this level (about 80)
    ummmmm, I'm now in a calm place , soft and fluffy.
    Rant over, bad spelling says it all....sorry if I offend. If it was a person that walked down the street and just shot people,,,,would you say its because of his parents...? I wouldn't.... :-X

7. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabb
    [quote author=Blackbonnie link=1353344955/16#16 date=1353418200]Used to require a license to keep a dog, unless it was a proven working dog. Maybe ought to reinstate it.
    I believe that some parents should have a license to reproduce.
    I don't believe that licenses are the way to go with dogs - I think breeders should properly vet any owners and refuse to sell to those that are inappropriate.[/quote]

What makes you think that dog breeders are qualified to sit judgement on others?

Are all the dog breeders breeding dogs out of their love of animals or to make money?

8. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    Diamond Member
    Was just reading this article and thought I would share. Who would have thought that being a Posty could be such a risky job? 3'000 is hell of high number of attacks.

The Royal Mail have today pledged to take 'robust' action in defending their postal workers against attacks from dangerous dogs.
    The moves follow the publication of an independent inquiry into dog attacks on postmen and women, after the Royal Mail said more than 3,000 were set upon in 12 months.

For Sheffield postie Paul Coleman, the tough new measures can't come soon enough.

The 44-year-old father of two was on his rounds in South Yorkshire five years ago when he was set upon by two bulldog terriers, who mauled him for 15 minutes.

Paul, a postman for 17 years, was dragged to the ground by the two vicious animals, who clamped their jaws onto a leg each and subjected him to a terrifying attack.

9. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    All dogs are dangerous. Some able to inflict more harm than others. Only way forward is to have a dog licence. And I'm an owner of two dogs by the way. My parents have a rescue Staffie and she is lovely. Then again my parents have a brain so why shouldn't she be a good dog. Others have touched on the topic of stop certain human beings reproducing. That's the only way to prevent idiots owning dogs and many other social issues. But that's another topi all together.

10. Re: Dog attack in Chippenham 
    we have problems with chavs and staffys here

ive had lads come up to me whilst waking my akita, they have stated there staffy would "smash up" my akita

to which i just laughed and said your obviously as stupid as you look.

and walked away...i got a barage of abuse, they threatened to let there dog off the lead............they did aswell.......there dog ran in the opposite direction and smelt a tree ;D.

all dogs are capable of being dangerous!! alot is down to ownership and training.