Notices

Thread: got punted by a landrover freelander

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Hi GW, good to hear you are improving.

I don't know if it is the same thing or not but... when I had my spinal surgery a few years back, they took a bone graft from my pelvis, mashed it up with something and stuck it inside a titanium cage and inserted that into my spine in the hope that the bone would grow out through the cage and fuse the vertebrae.

Sadly for me it didnt grow quite enough, but I have heard from others that it has been very successful. I would certainly say give it a go, although I'm no expert and don't know your circumstances.

Ps, If it's bone marrow they are taking I'm not sure how painful that is, but bone grafting can hurt a lot - my donor site for my bone graft is still giving me problems 13 years later :'(

Good luck with whichever path you choose, and keep us updated. GWS :-*

2. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Good to hear you are making progress and good luck with whatever option you go for :-*

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Quote Originally Posted by cerruti
    Hi GW, good to hear you are improving.

I don't know if it is the same thing or not but... when I had my spinal surgery a few years back, they took a bone graft from my pelvis, mashed it up with something and stuck it inside a titanium cage and inserted that into my spine in the hope that the bone would grow out through the cage and fuse the vertebrae.

Sadly for me it didnt grow quite enough, but I have heard from others that it has been very successful. I would certainly say give it a go, although I'm no expert and don't know your circumstances.

Ps, If it's bone marrow they are taking I'm not sure how painful that is, but bone grafting can hurt a lot - my donor site for my bone graft is still giving me problems 13 years later :'(

Good luck with whichever path you choose, and keep us updated. GWS :-*

Thanks Cerruti,

They were considering using a section of bone from my pelvis to plug the gap as it's the only bone to encourage others to grow.

I know bone marrow transplants are very painful, but I am guessing it won't be as bad as what I have already been through. after all, there won't be any bone marrow left in my left leg already as a bar and nails will have already replaced it which is why I understand that the bone marrow will come from my right leg.

I'm really hoping they just get on with it now so I can mend as soon as possible, though I can fully understand why these things take time and I really appreciate all the hard work the NHS has put in to get me this far.

This will need to be done before they consider repairing the remaining ligaments in my knee. They have done 2 already but they mentioned that the other 2 can be done further on down the line once me bones are sorted.

4. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    I hope it keeps getting better, and you don't have to go through too much more. Keep us posted mate... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Glad to hear you are on the mend matey.
    Little victories are the way forward, push a bin is a task that can require a fair amount of effort without you normally thinking about it.
    Hoping to see you back on a bike sooner rather than later.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

6. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Little victories is a good way to describe it.
    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Mate, hope it gets sorted soon, we need to go carp fishing after all and the season is nearly upon us.

8. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDog
    Mate, hope it gets sorted soon, we need to go carp fishing after all and the season is nearly upon us.
    may have to join you sometime!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    One for the trips and meets board I guess haha, though could be difficult to carry kit on a bike.

10. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Just finished dismantling Harriett my beloved hornet.

God how truly awful do I feel right now....

It has bought back so many (mixed) emotions.

:'( ;D > 8-) :-? : :P :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(