Notices

Thread: got punted by a landrover freelander

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    GWS mate...it ain't gonna be a quick fix G.W. considering the extent of injury which is something you are going to have to come to terms with.

Question ...How did you know about the tyres on the landi ?
    Why isn't plod interested in this ?..have I missed somat ? Pulls out on you when you have right of way..defective tyres....caused serious injuries ...

.. is this our well known and beloved plod that crawl about in unmarked cars and bleat on about road safety, drink drive, shut roads for hours on end 'investigating' accidents, etc etc.

Mind you 'Law' is bollox and basically 'pot-luck' so you probably won't get much...say yer 'phone was hacked and get PPI repayment should yield more lucrative cash amount ;D ;D

Keep yer chin up GW
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Long time since I have logged on.

Still on the mend 4 months later.

Pretty darned bored of daytime TV now....

know all the tunes for the adverts and consider myself an expert in antiques and house auctions....

Just found out I need a bone graft to help fix my femur that is still very buggered hahaha.

Good news is that the ligaments that have been repaired so far are good.

Absolutely gutted I lost out on my planned summer trip round Europe. Would have been leaving tonight for 3 weeks :'(

3. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Banned
    Glad to hear you're on the mend
    Do yourself a favour and get rid of the tele 8-)

4. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Hey mate, long time no hear. Sounds like it's going to be a long (painful) process. I hope life doesn't get you down. If it's any consolation, I still fall down the stairs some mornings, when my foot that I broke 8 years ago, decides to give up. Godamn high-side at Pembrey. And you didn't have to endure Camarthen Hospital. What a sh*thole... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Platinum Member
    I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Try the radio instead of the TV it's far more interesting in the daytime.

6. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    My fiance was pulling out of a junction where an off duty paramedic was speeding, over taking a lorry on a blind bend where the junction was. My fiance didnt see and obviously wouldnt due to the bend and the fact this person was on her side of the road! Police called it 50/50 which it clearly wasnt. I personally think it was because this person was a paramedic!

Anyway my fiance got 100% of her claim, the court and solicitor found that this paramedic had failed to adhere to the highway code (it didnt matter what the police said the evidence spoke for itself).

So answer to your question. It might but might not affect your claim.

We had to fight to win but it was a massive victory as this paramedic was not 90% at fault but 100%.

Also this person is still driving the roads! She even lyed to the police but got away with it amazing!

7. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Just a quick update and can appreciate that I have not been on for a while.

The good news is that some witnesses of my incident make good detailed report that the driver that I had a conflict with completely neglected to look right before pulling out of the junction and place me at about 10 mph (YAY)

This should help immensely with the legal battle.

I am starting to get up and about a bit more now, though I still have a gaping hole in my femur that they need to sort out. I'm proud that I actually manage to put the wheelie bin out by myself yesterday without having to rely on anyone, though was a little tricky whilst handling a crutch.

Had a chat with a great surgeon in Bristol about my options, of which there are a few. Great chap, though I forget his name, also a biker.

The options I have are:

1) leave it and see what happens

2) take the metalwork out of my leg and replace with bigger stuff that will hopefully push bone matter down inside the bone to the area of the gap, promoting new bone growth

3) take some bone marrow and blood, spin it through some special machines to make a super bone growth cocktail and inject that into the gap with a camera. I'm guessing that this is some sort of stem cell bone repair method.

Number 3 certainly sounds the best option as it's the least invasive without just leaving it. Does anyone know anything about this method and it's success rate??

Finally settled on a new machine once I can mount up again.

Reckon I'll get a street triple !!

Gutted I missed the Ace reunion and Brighton burn up this weekend but hey ho there's always next year!!! Anyone on it ??

8. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    good news your on the mend, as for option 3 i'm sure your find lots of info on the net, but being the internet take it with a 'pinch of salt' as sometimes you can never tell how accurate the info is.
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

9. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Glad to hear your getting better buddy (however slow it may be). Regarding the bone marrow thing - I know bone marrow transplants are rather painful! :-/ not from personal experience but watching medical programs for year’s lol. How that pain weighs up against the pain you’ve been through already I don’t know - the surgeon should be able to give you a good indication!

10. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    GWS x