Notices

Thread: got punted by a landrover freelander

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    I spent 9 days in the RUH a few years back, I was stir crazy in the end !! I know how you feel, wanting to get home.
    Get well soon buddy, hope your injuries heal quickly and you can get back to normality.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    glad to hear you're on the mend

3. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your prang. If I can help you get your confidence back, once you're up and about again, just give me a shout. Depressing and boring it may be in RUH, but you're in the best place at the moment. Get yourself fixed and up and about again.
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

4. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Ow....GWS buddy hope your two wheeling again real soon
    onwards and upwards and sometimes a little sidewards....

5. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Sounds painful, get well soon

6. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Platinum Member
    yikes! sorry to hear about your prang GAS budd!

filtering is a bit of a grey area in the law. my view however. the highway code says that when waiting at a junction you must have a clear view in both directions before emerging. now if there are cars.in either direction. moving or stationary you cannot possibly have clear view. however from personal experience using that as an argument doesn't seem to get you very far!

7. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Bad News keep your pecker up and get well soon !!! [smiley=smiley.gif]

8. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    thanks mark, rest assured i will do. i lnow this is the best place for mw though communication between the staff here is pretty terribleat best. the nursing staff are excellent though and really out do themselves and will bend over backwards to help you. Gonna need to get them a gift when i get out of here, want to track down the emergency crew too who helped me out to let them know how greatful i am for thir help

as i said i genuinely do not feel that 50 % of the blame can be attributed to myself but cant be bothered to argue now. the police seem pretty disinterested and just want to let it rest but as mentioned i have no idea of how the insurance companies will work it out. the simple point is that she moved into my right of way and in doing so hit me with the front of her car. from everything i have read i was certainly not doing anything considered illegal and considering the car had defective tyres it should not have been on the road. my insurers are mce, anyone know what theyre like??

its a shame it happened so soon, have been so so careful and hear you in my left ear all the time mark, i certainly would not have tried anything stupid.

9. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    Jeez, what a bummer. GWS

Once you are fit enough to ride, do as Mark Able says and get out with them. They were a great help to me when I got back out on the road.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: got punted by a landrover freelander 
    wonder if anyone will insure me on a speed 4 after this incident........ *chuckles*